- NESA Cinema's 15th Annual 800 pound Film Festival will be held Tuesday, May 14th at 7PM at the Santikos Northwest 14 Theatre. Tickets at the door are $7. Come see the student's best works of the year.
- The San Antonio Chapter of National Association of Women in Construction meets the first Wednesday of the month at the Petroleum Club. Networking begins at 5:30PM with dinner at 6PM. Make your reservation today, call 658-6229.
- "Diabetes 101 - What Every Senior Should Know" will be held Friday, May 17th at 10AM at the Claude Black Community Center located at 2805 East Commerce. Medicare-eligible seniors are encouraged to attend.
- The American Sunrise Gospel Choir Competition - Rise Up and Sign! will be held Saturday, May 18th at 7PM at New Creation Christian Fellowship located on Fourwinds Drive. For tickets, visit gospelcompete.com.
- Hondo Army Air Field Fly-In will be held on Armed Forces Day, Saturday, May 18th at the South Texas Regional Airport in Hondo. Gate entry is $10 per person, children 12 and under, free. Call 380.741-1162 for information.
- The Cibolo Nature Center and Farm will host "Art in the Plaza" on Saturday, May 18th in Boerne's Main Plaza from 10AM to 5PM. This is a free event and School-aged children and their parents are encouraged to attend.
- The Gene Ramirez American Legion Post 443 in Somerset will have their 4th Annual Armed Forces Day Celebration on Saturday, May 18th. Enjoy a day of fun, with a raffle, dance, music food and much more.
- A benefit for Greg Farley will be held Saturday, May 18th from 3 to 8PM at MacArthur Park Lutheran Church located at 2903 Nacogdoches Road. Bring Come out for a day of family fun - silent auction, dinner and much more.
- The Leon Valley Christian Academy Spring Bazaar will be held Saturday, May 18th from 10AM to 2PM at Leon Valley Baptist Church located on Grissom Road. Call 684.5662 for information.
- American Diabetes Association will have their annual EXPO on Saturday, May 18th. This community event is free and open to the public and will be held at The Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center - Exhibit Hall D from 9AM to 3PM.
- Cibolo Nature Center's Farmers Market at the Cibolo in Boerne continue to offer Texas-produced organically or naturally grown food and products through the winter, every Saturday from 9AM to 1PM at Herff Farm.
- The New Braunfels Train Museum is a place for fun for kids of all ages. "Kids Fun Day" is held the first Saturday of every month. The museum is free to and open to the public. Call 1.830.627.2447 for more information.
Future stars to shine at the 5th Annual Las Casas Performing Arts Scholarship Competition at the Charline McCombs Empire Theater on Sunday, May 19th at 6PM. Tickets are $10 per person.
- For the workshops being offered this week at the UTSA Small Business Development Center log on to sasbdc.org. Sign up to learn about the day-to-day Operations with Cloud Computing and Business Plans.
- Christian Youth Theater San Antonio, an after-school theater arts training program for students. Master classes and Musical Theater Day Camp registration is accepting enrollment. Visit cytsanantonio.org for more information.
- Currently enrolled college-university students may apply for a paid full-time internship hosted by a number of partnering local industries and organizations offered through the City's Ambassador Program. Call 207-5920 for information.
- Hill Country schools are eligible to apply for grants to help students learn about rainwater catchment and water conservation. For applications and To find out if your county can participate visit rainwaterrevival.com.
- The Jefferson Outreach for Older People can really use your help by sponsoring meals for seniors. You can sponsor a day, month or a year. For more information, call 734-5016.
- Family Endeavors needs household supplies so they can make move-in kits to help homeless vets get started when they find housing. Call 431-6466 for information.
- The Southwest Outreach for Older People assist adults that can no longer drive. You can help by taking them to their appointments. If you would like to help and volunteer, call 558-0007.
- PAX is seeking temporary host families in Dripping Springs, San Marcos and Comal County to be American mentors for international exchange students. If you are interested, call 619.403.6947 for information.
- The United Healthcare Children's foundation helps children get the medical care they need. If you or a family you know need help paying for your child's Medical treatments, therapies and devices apply for a grant at uhccf.org.
- $5 Yoga Classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 to 5PM at AC Power Yoga located at 3619 Broadway. Visit this website for more information.
High School Reunions:
None listed at this time.
If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT 12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.