- Antioch Missionary Baptist Church will host a Spring Break Extravaganza March 10th through the 15th. A weeklong of activities with the Youth United Against Drugs and Gangs are scheduled. Call 225.2452 for information.
- The Alamo Cluster of Dog Shows will be held March 5th through the 9th at the Joe and Harry Freeman Coliseum. Enjoy 5 days of dog shows, meet the breed and dog show tours. Call 465.5010 for more information.
- Systema Russian Martial Art classes are held every Wednesday at 6:30PM at Hardberger Park. These classes are free and open to the public. Visit sanantoniosystema.com for more information.
- The San Antonio Chapter of Sons of the American Revolution, meets the third Wednesday of the month at the Petroleum Club starting at 11:30AM with lunch. Call 402.0871 for information.
- The Metropolitan Planning Organization will conduct a public meeting for Transportation on Thursday, March 6th at the Harlandale Civic Center located at 115 W. Southcross Boulevard. Call 227.8651 for information.
- S.T.A.G.E. presents "Irena's Vow", a drama by Dan Gordon at the Krause House Theatre thru March 9th. For show times and ticket information, call 830.438.2339.
- The Institute for Economic Development will have a "Business Start-up Essentials" workshop on Friday, March 7th at 9AM at the UTSA Downtown Campus. Class fee is only $30. Call 458.2460 to register!
- Preservation Texas is accepting nominations for its 2014 list of Texas' Most Endangered Historic Places. For nomination forms and judging criteria, visit Preservationtexas.org. Nomination deadline is March 21st.
- Riverside Nature Center in Kerrville will have a Spring Grounds Cleaning on Saturday, March 8th from 9AM to Noon. Come out and help clean the center's Grounds. Bring your rakes! Call 830.257.4837 for information.
- "College Application and Financial Aid Made Easy" for high school students and their parents will be held Saturday, March 8th from 2 to 4PM at Café College located at 131 El Paso street. Call 207.4528 for information.
- The Crocket Fiddler Festival will be held Saturday, March 8th from 10AM to 4PM on the grounds of the Alamo. This family-friendly event is free and open To the public. Call 225-1391 for more information.
- Cocktails for Cinema will be held Saturday, March 8th at 7PM at Dorcol Distilling Company located at 1902 South Flores Street. For tickets visit safilm.ticketbud.com. Proceeds benefit the San Antonio Film Festival.
- Boys Town Texas will host their fourth annual "Race for Prevention of Child Abuse on Saturday, April 12th. Pre-register today! Visit boystown.org, select location, then select Texas.
- Mark your calendars - Families Especial will host "We Walk Because We Care 5K Walk/Run" on May 10th at OP Schnable Park. The walk benefits Families Especials foster children and families. Register at active.com/sanAntonioTX.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Promise Ball - "Party, Passion, Purpose" will be held Saturday, May 10th at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. Visit sctx.jdrf.org for tickets & information.
- The New Braunfels Train Museum is a place for fun for kids of all ages. "Kids Fun Day" is held the first Saturday of every month. The museum is free to and open to the public. Call 1.830.627.2447 for more information.
- The Helotes Humane Society is offering free spray and neuter surgeries and rabies vaccinations for feral and free roaming cats in the 78023 zip code. Email email@example.com for appointments.
- Twice Upon a Lady - Women's Consignment Sale & Vendor Showcase is set for March 28-30 in New Braunfels. Portion of proceeds benefit Wings. Call 218.7593 for information.
- A six-week caregiver class series will be offered at First Presbyterian Church located at 404 North Alamo at 10AM beginning February 27th through April 3rd. Call 226.0215 for more information.
- Early registration is now being accepted for the Cibolo Nature Center and Farm's Summer Day Camps. Provide your child with hands-on adventures. Camps begin June 16th. Call 830.249.4616 for more information.
- The Southwest Outreach for Older People are seeking volunteers to assist Adults that can no longer drive. If you would like to volunteer, call SWOOP at 558.0007.
- The Copeland Senior Activity Center on the south side of town invite you to visit the facility and enjoy daily activities including Thai Chi, Bunco, Meditation and educational classes. Call 927.1112 for information.
- The San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind is accepting applications for the 44th Annual Emma Freeman Scholarship through April 1, 2014. For application guidelines and information, visit salighthouse.org/rehabilitation.
- The Kehila Project offers a meaningful connection for Jewish Families to Connect through casual events, Shabbat dinners and cultural activities. The group meets monthly. Contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 458.2460.
- Christian Youth Theater San Antonio, an after-school theater arts training program for students. Master classes and Musical Theater Day Camp registration is accepting enrollment. Visit cytsanantonio.org for more information.
- Hill Country schools are eligible to apply for grants to help students learn about rainwater catchment and water conservation. For applications and To find out if your county can participate visit rainwaterrevival.com.
- The Jefferson Outreach for Older People can really use your help by sponsoring meals for seniors. You can sponsor a day, month or a year. For more information, call 734-5016.
- PAX is seeking temporary host families in Dripping Springs, San Marcos and Comal County to be American mentors for international exchange students. If you are interested, call 619.403.6947 for information.
- The United Healthcare Children's foundation helps children get the medical care they need. If you or a family you know need help paying for your child's Medical treatments, therapies and devices apply for a grant at uhccf.org.
- $5 Yoga Classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 to 5PM at AC Power Yoga located at 3619 Broadway. Visit this website for more information.
High School Reunions:
None listed at this time.
If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT 12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.