What's Going On?
KSAT 12 Community Calendar
- Boerne Parks and Recreations will host several summer events, the "Little Amigos Spanish Camp I" will be held June 24th through the 28th for children Ages 3 to 6 years of age. Visit boernetx.org for information.
- Go-PLAY-Girls will host two week-long Fit-Sport Camps on June 24 and August 12th at Cornerstone Christian School. Visit goplaygirls.org for Information and registration.
- "Children's Summit", a conference on child abuse and Children's Mental Health will be held June 24th and 25th at the El Tropicano Riverwalk. To Register or for more information, call 223.9461.
- "Crazy Hands On Science Camp" will be held June 17th through the 21st as part of the Boerne Parks and Recreation Events. This camp is for children six through 12 years of age. Visit boernedashtx.gov for information.
- An American Sign Language Camp for Children will be offered June 17th thru the 20th at Alamo College Northeast Lakeview and Alamo College Northwest Vista. Register today at shiningstarshomesschooling.com to register.
- Strategic Instruction Model Courses will be offered at the Winston School San Antonio with three dates of professional development on June 18th and 25th and on July 2nd and 9th. Call 615.7485 to register and for information.
- A Juneteenth Celebration will be held on Wednesday, June 19th at 11AM at San Antonio Premier Internal Medicine located at 1032 South WW White Road. Medicare-eligible seniors are invited to participate. Call 617.4200 for information.
- The San Antonio Chapter, Sons of the American Revolution, meets the third Wednesday of the month. June 19th is the next meeting at the Petroleum Club starting at 11:30AM with lunch. Call 402.0871 for information.
- Alianza Latinoamericana's Dance Lessons are held every Wednesday in June and July at 7PM at the International Fold Culture Center at Our Lady of the Lake University. For class fee and information, call 431.3922.
- House of Krimson launches "Fashion Friday" on June 21st at the Boardwalk on Broadway at 8PM. This event merges fashion, shopping, music and night-life, benefitting the San Antonio Food Bank. Visit fashionfriday.org for tickets and information.
- TPC San Antonio invites golfers to test premier golf equipment at the club's Practice facility during their demo day on Saturday, June 22nd from 8AM to 2PM. No appointment is necessary. Call 491.5800 for information.
- Brother Fork and the Spooners, musical styles originating from the Tropics to The Hill Country during Moondance at the Cibolo Nature Center will be held Saturday, June 22nd at 7:30PM. For admission fee and information, call 830-249-4616.
- "A Night with Dane" will be held Saturday, June 22nd at 7PM at the Jo Long Theater at the Carver Cultural Center. This is an all-ages event. For tickets, visit Ticketmaster.com.
- Cibolo Nature Center's Farmers Market at the Cibolo in Boerne continue to offer Texas-produced organically or naturally grown food and products through the winter, every Saturday from 9AM to 1PM at Herff Farm.
- The New Braunfels Train Museum is a place for fun for kids of all ages. "Kids Fun Day" is held the first Saturday of every month. The museum is free to and open to the public. Call 1.830.627.2447 for more information.
- For the workshops being offered this week at the UTSA Small Business Development Center log on to sasbdc.org. Sign up to learn about the day-to-day Operations with Cloud Computing and Business Plans.
- Christian Youth Theater San Antonio, an after-school theater arts training program for students. Master classes and Musical Theater Day Camp registration is accepting enrollment. Visit cytsanantonio.org for more information.
- Currently enrolled college-university students may apply for a paid full-time internship hosted by a number of partnering local industries and organizations offered through the City's Ambassador Program. Call 207-5920 for information.
- Hill Country schools are eligible to apply for grants to help students learn about rainwater catchment and water conservation. For applications and To find out if your county can participate visit rainwaterrevival.com.
- The Jefferson Outreach for Older People can really use your help by sponsoring meals for seniors. You can sponsor a day, month or a year. For more information, call 734-5016.
- Family Endeavors needs household supplies so they can make move-in kits to help homeless vets get started when they find housing. Call 431-6466 for information.
- The Southwest Outreach for Older People assist adults that can no longer drive. You can help by taking them to their appointments. If you would like to help and volunteer, call 558-0007.
- PAX is seeking temporary host families in Dripping Springs, San Marcos and Comal County to be American mentors for international exchange students. If you are interested, call 619.403.6947 for information.
- The United Healthcare Children's foundation helps children get the medical care they need. If you or a family you know need help paying for your child's Medical treatments, therapies and devices apply for a grant at uhccf.org.
- $5 Yoga Classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 to 5PM at AC Power Yoga located at 3619 Broadway. Visit this website for more information.
High School Reunions:
None listed at this time.
If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT 12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.