What's Going On?
KSAT 12 Community Calendar
- Join the San Antonio Public Library on Monday, Dec. 2, at 2PM at Igo Branch Library as it officially kicks off the Mariachi Vargas Extravaganza. The week-long festival includes entertainment, spectacular music and FREE public performances. Visit mysapl.org.
- Systema Russian Martial Art classes are held every Wednesday at 6:30PM at Hardberger Park. These classes are free and open to the public. Visit sanantoniosystema.com for more information.
- The San Antonio Chapter of Sons of the American Revolution, meets the third Wednesday of the month at the Petroleum Club starting at 11:30AM with lunch. Call 402.0871 for information.
- Holiday Mingle & Jingle will be held Thursday, December 5th from 6 to 9PM at The Shops at La Cantera. 100% of Ticket Proceeds benefit local charities. Stop by the Fountain Court between Neiman Marcus & Nordstrom. Be part of the trendiest holiday party! Visit this website for complete details: www.theshopsatlacantera.com
- LaVernia High School will host a Career Opportunities for Job Seekers work-shop on Thursday, Dec. 5th from 9 to 10:30AM in the school cafeteria. Ask questions about job searches, interviewing skills and employment trends.
- Highland Park Elementary Scholl will have a Whataburger - Whata-Night Event on Thursday, Dec. 5th from 5 to 8PM at the Whataburger located at 3500 South New Braunfels. The school gets 20 percent of the sales!
- Classes for Anger Management, Domestic and Family Violence and Protected Parenting are held weekly on Thursdays from 6 to 7PM at 1420 North Austin Street. Call 830.372.5980 for information.
- Bring the family to a great Fellowship Event and Open House on Friday, Dec. 6th from 6 to 9PM at Holy Ghost Lutheran Church in Fredericksburg. The Church is located at 109 E. San Antonio Street.
- WellMed of Great Northwest will open its doors to Medicare-eligible seniors for an Open House Fri., Dec. 6, from 2 to 4PM at the WellMed at Great Northwest located at 8353 Culebra Road. Enjoy refreshments, game and entertainment.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center will offer a "Business Start-Up Essentials" workshop on Friday, December 6th at 9AM at the UTSA Downtown campus. Visit sasbdc.org for information.
- "Vintage in Verde Market Day" will be held in Pleasanton on Saturday, Dec. 7th from 9AM to 4PM. Admission is $2 per person. Many vendors with vintage, antique and crafts will have products for sale. Bring the family!
- House of Hope San Antonio will have its inaugural Christmas Shopping Sensation on Saturday, December 7th from 9AM to 3PM at the Fortress Church Gym located at 7760 Prue Road. Free admission and parking!
- Football for the Cure will host a "Flag Football Tournament" on Saturday, Dec. 7th at 11AM at Olmos Basin Park. Enjoy Bar-B-Q plates, concessions and a raffle drawing. Call 419.6820 for team registrations and entry fees.
- The New Braunfels Train Museum is a place for fun for kids of all ages. "Kids Fun Day" is held the first Saturday of every month. The museum is free to and open to the public. Call 1.830.627.2447 for more information.
- A Hill Country Holiday, a concert by the 323rd Army Band - Ft. Sam's Own, will be held Sunday, Dec. 8th at 2PM at the Scottish Rite Theater located at 308 Avenue E. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- The Kehila Project offers a meaningful connection for Jewish Families to Connect through casual events, Shabbat dinners and cultural activities. The group meets monthly. Contact by email at email@example.com.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 458.2460.
- Christian Youth Theater San Antonio, an after-school theater arts training program for students. Master classes and Musical Theater Day Camp registration is accepting enrollment. Visit cytsanantonio.org for more information.
- Hill Country schools are eligible to apply for grants to help students learn about rainwater catchment and water conservation. For applications and To find out if your county can participate visit rainwaterrevival.com.
- The Jefferson Outreach for Older People can really use your help by sponsoring meals for seniors. You can sponsor a day, month or a year. For more information, call 734-5016.
- The Southwest Outreach for Older People assist adults that can no longer drive. You can help by taking them to their appointments. If you would like to help and volunteer, call 558-0007.
- PAX is seeking temporary host families in Dripping Springs, San Marcos and Comal County to be American mentors for international exchange students. If you are interested, call 619.403.6947 for information.
- The United Healthcare Children's foundation helps children get the medical care they need. If you or a family you know need help paying for your child's Medical treatments, therapies and devices apply for a grant at uhccf.org.
- $5 Yoga Classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 to 5PM at AC Power Yoga located at 3619 Broadway. Visit this website for more information.
High School Reunions:
None listed at this time.
If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT 12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.