- The United Way Shoebox Project continues through June 1st. United Way is seeking the public’s help to create 5,000 personal care packages by donating decorated shoeboxes filled with basic need or emergency-preparedness items. You may also purchase a pre-filled shoebox for $25. Call 210-352-7077 for information.
- The Alamo Area Council of Boy Scouts of America is now selling their “Camp Card”. These cards support youth sports, fitness and outdoor adventures. Contact any local scouting units and boy scouts to purchase. Enjoy vendor partners offering great savings at various locations. Visit www.Alamoareabsa.org for information.
- Register today for Families Especial 2nd Annual “Because We Foster Care 5K” fundraising event on Saturday, May 2nd at Martin Luther King Park located at 3503 MLK Drive. Race begins @ 9AM. Visit www.active.com/sanantoniotx/running for information.
- The Farmer’s Market at the Cibolo is back and it’s at the historic Herff Farm in Boerne. Taste and buy locally grown produce, buy local arts and crafts. The Market will be held Saturday mornings at 8:30AM and will continue every Saturday through December. Call 830-249-4616 for more information.
- Looking for a job? Lowe’s has seasonal opportunites available in the San Antonio, Schertz, New Braufels, San Marcos and Kyle area. Apply online or onsite on the career portal. Visit www.lowes.com/careers for information.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
High School Reunions:
- The Thomas Edison Class of 1975 is planning their 40th Year Reunion in June. Join your classmates on Saturday, June 26th at the mixer at Stone Werks at the Rim. On Saturday, June 27th enjoy a family bar-b-que at O.P. Schnabel Park. Make your reservations today! Call 210-286-1612 for information.
- The Edgewood High School Class of 1985 is planning their 30th Year Reunion. If you are a 1985 graduate and would like to learn more about fund raisers, plans and the celebration date; call 210-852-6503 or 210-214-1808.
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.