- AARP Texas will have an “Age Friendly Community Conversation” on Tuesday, August 4th from 6 to 8PM at Studio One located at 8055 West Ave., Suite 101. For information, call toll-free 877-926-8300. Learn how AARP is helping communities become more liable for people of all ages.
- An Anti-Bullying Workshop to help families better understand and deal with bullying will be held at the Laurel Ridge from 6 to 8PM on Thursday, August 6th in the La Vista Conference Room. Laurel Ridge is located at 17720 Corporate Woods Drive. For information and reservations, call 210-481-2573.
- Registration is being accepted for the 8th Annual Boots ‘N Shoot event benefiting the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo’s Calf Scramble Program. The annual sporting clay event is scheduled for Friday, August 14th from 10AM to 10:30PM at the National Shooting Complex. Call 210-225-5851 for information and registration.
- The Local 23 Music Performance Fund and Bexar County present “SOLID(arity)! Jazz from the Local” a three-part summer concert series spotlighting the jazz musicians of the Musicians’ Society of San Antonio. This second concert will be held Saturday, August 8th at 8PM at Josephine Theatre. Admission is free.
- Communities in School’s Stuff the Bus School Supply Drive will be held Saturday, August 8th at participating HEB locations form 10AM to 6PM. Donate school supplies for students-in-need throughout the San Antonio Area. Help students get back to school!
- Special Olympics Texas wants to hoop up your summer with the Flame of Hope Basketball Tournament. The tournament will be held this weekend, August 8th & 9th at Fox Tech Health & Law Professions Campus located at 637 N. Main Avenue. To register a team and more information call 210-530-9898.
- Canyon High School Class of 1985 will have their 30 year reunion this Saturday, August 8th at 7PM at Frieheit Country Store located at 2157 FM 1101 in New Braunfels. Admission at the door is twenty dollars per person, and includes meal with tea. For information, contact Leona at www.Leonap@hughes.net
- Register today for the St. Anthony Mary Claret Unity Day 5K Run-Walk scheduled for Saturday, September 26 at 8AM. The race will begin at the church is located at 6150 Roft Road. Register today by visiting www.iaapweb.com
- Lone Star Play Ball is a non-competitive, co-ed softball league dedicated to special need athletes, 13 years of age and older. Games will be played Saturday mornings from September 12th to October 31st. Become a player or volunteer, visit www.lonestarplayball.org for registration forms. A twenty-dollar registration fee is required.
- Registration is now underway for “Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes” scheduled on Halloween, October 31st at Mission County Park – Pavilion One. Help prevent and cure diabetes, register today! Together we can stop Diabetes. Visit www.diabetes.org/stepoutsanantonio for information and registration.
- Register today for the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run – Walk San Antonio on Saturday, September 19th at the Mission County Park Pavilions. Participate in a 10K Run, 5K Run-Walk, 1-mile fun walk, Kids Superhero Dash for Dad, Virtual Snooze for Dudes program and After Dash Bash. Visit firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- The Deco Mercado Days continue every third Saturday of the month through December. The event will offer a broad range of fresh produce from nearby farmers and other homemade goods. Call 210-432-1896 for information.
- The San Antonio Farmers Market Association invites you to today’s market located at 100 Jackson-Keller at Olmos Basin Park from 8AM to 1PM. Fresh locally grown produce is available for purchase. This market is held every Saturday. Call 210-204-7939 for more information.
- The Farmer’s Market at the Cibolo is back and it’s at the historic Herff Farm in Boerne. Taste and buy locally grown produce, buy local arts and crafts. The Market will be held Saturday mornings at 8:30AM and will continue every Saturday through December. Call 830-249-4616 for more information.
- CleftStrong’s 2nd Annual Fun 5K will be held Sunday, September 13th at Morgan’s Wonderland. Race begins at 8AM, race day registration at 7AM. Help make the difference in the world for babies born with a cleft. Register today, visit www.cleftstrong5K.com
- Church for the City, a new church set to open its doors on Sunday, September 13th will be hosting launch team meetings every Sunday from 5PM to 6PM at the Hilton Garden Inn located at 12828 San Pedro Ave. Be part of the team, visit www.Churchforthecity.tv for more information.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
High School Reunions:
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.