- The San Antonio Association Health Underwriters will host a continuing education workshop on Wednesday, May 27th at 11:30AM at Maggiano’s at the Rim. Call 210-802-5718 to register and for more information.
- “OPEN Downtown Pop Up Shops” is a unique shopping experience located in the historic St. Paul Square - continues through May 28th. Visit the shops from 5 to 9PM weekdays and from 10AM to 6PM on the weekends. Food trucks will be available for tasty treats. Visit www.opensanantonio.com for more information.
- Precinct 2 Community Health & Education Fair will be held Saturday, May 30th from 10AM to 2PM at the Wonderland of the Americas Mall. Bexar County Commissioner Paul Elizondo will host more than 40 exhibitors. Health screenings, kids’ activities, fitness demonstrations and much more at this free event open to the public.
- Lowell Junior High School – 50th Class Reunion will be held Saturday, May 30th at the school cafeteria from 12Noon to 3PM. The school is located at 919 Thompson Place. This event is free and open to the community. For information, call 210-909-8765.
- The 3rd Annual Friends 4 Fisher House Fun Run will be held on Saturday, May 30th. Registration begins at 9AM. The fun run starts and ends at JW’s Bracken Saloon located at 18400 FM 2252. Proceeds benefit the BAMC Fisher Houses.
- The League of Women Voters of the San Antonio area will host its’ 2015 Annual Meeting and Luncheon on Saturday, May 30th from 11AM to 1:30PM at the Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade. Purchase your tickets before May 27th by visiting www.lwvsanantonio.org
- Lone Star Play Ball is a non-competitive, co-ed softball league dedicated to special need athletes, 13 years of age and older. Games will be played Saturday mornings from September 12th to October 31st. Become a player or volunteer, visit www.lonestarplayball.org for registration forms. A twenty-dollar registration fee is required.
- The San Antonio Farmers Market Association invites you to today’s market located at 100 Jackson-Keller at Olmos Basin Park from 8AM to 1PM. Fresh locally grown produce is available for purchase. This market is held every Saturday. Call 210-204-7939 for more information.
- The Farmer’s Market at the Cibolo is back and it’s at the historic Herff Farm in Boerne. Taste and buy locally grown produce, buy local arts and crafts. The Market will be held Saturday mornings at 8:30AM and will continue every Saturday through December. Call 830-249-4616 for more information.
- Mitchell Lake Audubon Center announces its Summer Camps – Audubon Adventure Camps, your child will be outside enjoying hands-on learning and exploring the wonders of nature. For camp fee and registration information, visit www.mitchelllake.audubon.org
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
- Looking for a job? Lowe’s has seasonal opportunites available in the San Antonio, Schertz, New Braufels, San Marcos and Kyle area. Apply online or onsite on the career portal. Visit www.lowes.com/careers for information.
High School Reunions:
- The Thomas Edison Class of 1975 is planning their 40th Year Reunion in June. Join your classmates on Friday, June 26th at the mixer at Stone Werks at the Rim. On Saturday, June 27th enjoy a family bar-b-que at O.P. Schnabel Park. Make your reservations today! Call 210-286-1612 for information.
- The Edgewood High School Class of 1985 is planning their 30th Year Reunion. If you are a 1985 graduate and would like to learn more about fund raisers, plans and the celebration date; call 210-852-6503 or 210-214-1808.
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.