- The San Antonio Police Department will host “Violence Intervention Conference: Strengthening Community Response” October 20th and 21st at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel. To register, call 877-736-4311.
- Floral Design Classes at S-A Garden Center will be held Tuesdays, October 21st, 28th and November 4th from Noon to 3PM. Hands-on classes with fresh flowers, greenery and take home a finished project. For registration and class fees, call 210-824-0435.
- Secular Organization for Sobriety invites all who are struggling with Sobriety from alcohol, drugs, or compulsive eating to attend Tuesday Night meetings at 6:30PM. Call 210-838-3470 for location and information.
- On Wednesday, October 22nd, Whataburger customers can show their support for the Brackenridge High School Band by enjoying dinner from 6 to 9PM at the 3500 South New Braunfels location. Twenty percent of sales will benefit the band. Bring the family for an evening of fun and good food!
- Systema Russian Martial Art classes are held every Wednesday at 6:30PM at Hardberger Park. These classes are free and open to the public. Visit www.sanantoniosystema.com for more information.
- The San Antonio Chapter of Sons of the American Revolution, meets the third Wednesday of the month at the Petroleum Club starting at 11:30AM with lunch. Call 210-402-0871 for information.
- Holy Name Catholic School will have a Halloween Carnival on Friday, October 24th from 5 to 10PM. Admission is FREE, bring the family for food, games and music. The school is located at 3814 Nash Boulevard. Call 210-333-7356 for information.
- Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s will be held Saturday, October 25th at Landa Park, Picnic Area #11 starting at 8AM. After the walk, enjoy live music, food and much more. Start or join a team, visit www.alz.org for more information.
- The San Antonio Northwest Rotary Club will host its 11th Annual charitable Jeans and Jewels Jubilee on Saturday, October 25th at Leon Springs Dance Hall. Enjoy dinner, poker and a silent auction. For tickets and information, visit www.rotarynorthwest.com
- The 22nd Annual Koi and Goldfish Society Show at Water Garden Gems in Marion, Texas will be held this weekend, October 25th & 26th. Bring the family and experience the Koi Hobby and see trophy Koi on display. Bring the family. Visit www.watergardengems.com for information.
- St. Margaret Mary’s Catholic School will have their Fall Festival on Saturday, October 25th from 3 to 9PM. Admission is free and will have activities and fun for the entire family. The school is located at 1202 Fair Ave. Call 210-534-6137 for more information.
- The Purple Run will be held Saturday, October 25th at the Wheatley Heights Sports Complex. Run-Walk in honor of a victim, survivor or in memory of all those who lost their live to domestic violence. The race begins at 8:30AM. Visit www.athleteguild.com for more information.
- The 16th Annual Walk to Defeat A-L-S will be held Saturday, October 25th at the San Pedro Springs Park. Registration is FREE and begins at 10AM with the walk starting at 11AM. Bring the family, for this fun walk and children activities and much more.
- The Country Run set for Saturday, November 15th is a down-home family Fun run that will bring out your inner cowpoke or cowgirl. Dress in over-the-top country attire, enjoy a free, family-friendly country fair. Register today, visit www.cornerstorerun.com.
- The 8th Annual AccessAbility Fest will be held on Sunday, October 26th from 10AM to 3PM at Market Square located at 514 W. Commerce. Organizations and businesses that serve as a gateway will be available with resources. This event is free and open to the public.
- The Country Miler, a 5K Fundraiser run-walk in honor of Johnny Ball will be held Saturday, November 22nd. Register today, visit www.JohnnyBallFoundation.org Help the fight against brain cancer.
- The Army ROTC program at the University of the Incarnate Word is having a canned food drive - “Stuff-the-Ruck”. Donations are being collected through November 17th. Drop off your donations at the UIW campus, look for a donation box.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- Good News Lutheran Church Pumpkin Patch is open daily with lots of weekend activities. Bring the family for activities and pick out a great pumpkin! The church is located at 11020 Old Corpus Christi Highway. Call 210-549-7133 for information.
- “Let’s Can Hunger in Poth” is now underway to supply the Poth Food Pantry. Non-perishable food items are being accepted through November 14th. If you would like to help, call 210-718-5173 for more information.
- Enjoy a "Scarecrow Invasion" in Comfort from Oct. 1-31. Visit the local businesses, residences and countryside. Judging ends Oct. 12.
- The Southwest Outreach for Older People are seeking volunteers to assist Adults that can no longer drive. If you would like to volunteer, call SWOOP at 210-558-0007.
- The Copeland Senior Activity Center on the south side of town invite you to visit the facility and enjoy daily activities including Thai Chi, Bunco, Meditation and educational classes. Call 210-927-1112 for information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
- The Jefferson Outreach for Older People can really use your help by sponsoring meals for seniors. You can sponsor a day, month or a year. For more information, call 210-734-5016.
High School Reunions:
- The Edgewood High School Class of 1985 is planning their 30th Year Reunion. If you are a 1985 graduate and would like to learn more about fund raisers, plans and the celebration date; call 210-852-6503 or 210-214-1808.
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.