- Don’t cook dinner tonight – bring the family to the Brackenridge High School Band fundraiser – “Oh-What-A-Night” at the Whataburger restaurant located at 3500 South New Braunfels near Fair Avenue. Twenty percent of sales from 6 to 9PM will support the band. The Brackenridge Drumline will be performing tonight!
- The Wounded Warrior & Veteran Hiring and Support Conference will be held May 19th and 20th. Employers are encouraged to attend the May 19th session. The Navy Career Fair will be held May 20th with job opportunities for wounded warriors, veterans and their spouses. Visit www.Hireavet.mil for information.
- A Memorial Day Hiring Event by Integrated Human Capital will be held Wednesday, May 20th from 9AM to 3PM at 15511 Applewhite Road in suite 110. Hiring on the spot! Must be able to work a rotating schedule, temp-to-hire and direct hire opportunities are available. Plenty of job opportunities!
- “Sav Mor Daksunds” event will be held today from 4 to 8PM at the Chick-fil-a located at the Forum Shopping Center at 8371 Agora Parkway. Use the magic word “Dachshund” and a portion of your bill will be donated to the Diamond Dachshund Rescue of Texas.
- Community Council of South Central Texas will host a two-day event to celebrate their 50 Years of service at the Seguin-Guadalupe County Coliseum on May 20th and 21st. A dinner will be held on Wednesday, May 20th and a golf tournament on Thursday, May 21st. Call 830-303-4376 if you would like to attend these events.
- Musical Bridge Around the World Presents the 2nd International Music Festival continues through May 24th at various venues. For complet schedule of performances and venue, call 210-464-1534.
- JazzReach, promoting Jazz in San Antonio area schools will be held today through Friday, May 22nd at Sam Houston High School located at 4635 East Houston Street. For performance times and information, call 210-661-4134.
- “OPEN Downtown Pop Up Shops” is a unique shopping experience located in the historic St. Paul Square - continues through May 28th. Visit the shops from 5 to 9PM weekdays and from 10AM to 6PM on the weekends. Food trucks will be available for tasty treats. Visit www.opensanantonio.com for more information.
- Friends of the Tobin Library at Oakwell will host their Spring Book Sale on Saturday, May 23rd from 10AM to 4PM at the library located at 4134 Harry Wurzbach Road. Five-thousand used books; DVD’s, audiobooks and much more will be available for purchase.
- Southwest Schools will host a FREE Southside Health and Information Fair on Saturday, May 23rd from 10AM to 3PM at 602 W. Southcross. Blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol screenings and health information. Bring the family for fun, games, and entertainment.
- “Rebel Yells” a drama is now playing through May 24th at the Krause House Theatre located at 1300 Bulverde Road, in Bulverde. This is a Civil War Story and winner of numerous awards by Austin playwright, Steve Warren. For tickets, information and show times, call 830-438-2339.
- Mitchell Lake Audubon Center announces its Summer Camps – Audubon Adventure Camps, your child will be outside enjoying hands-on learning and exploring the wonders of nature. For camp fee and registration information, visit www.mitchelllake.audubon.org
- Lone Star Play Ball is a non-competitive, co-ed softball league dedicated to special need athletes, 13 years of age and older. Games will be played Saturday mornings from September 12th to October 31st. Become a player or volunteer, visit www.lonestarplayball.org for registration forms. A twenty-dollar registration fee is required.
- The San Antonio Farmers Market Association invites you to today’s market located at 100 Jackson-Keller at Olmos Basin Park from 8AM to 1PM. Fresh locally grown produce is available for purchase. This market is held every Saturday. Call 210-204-7939 for more information.
- The Farmer’s Market at the Cibolo is back and it’s at the historic Herff Farm in Boerne. Taste and buy locally grown produce, buy local arts and crafts. The Market will be held Saturday mornings at 8:30AM and will continue every Saturday through December. Call 830-249-4616 for more information.
- Putt Away Cancer Golf Tournament benefitting American Cancer Society will be held Sunday, May 24th with an 8AM tee-off. Registration will begin at 7AM at the Olympia Hills Golf Course in Universal City. To register and for information, visit www.puttawaycancer.com
- Looking for a job? Lowe’s has seasonal opportunites available in the San Antonio, Schertz, New Braufels, San Marcos and Kyle area. Apply online or onsite on the career portal. Visit www.lowes.com/careers for information.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
High School Reunions:
- The Thomas Edison Class of 1975 is planning their 40th Year Reunion in June. Join your classmates on Friday, June 26th at the mixer at Stone Werks at the Rim. On Saturday, June 27th enjoy a family bar-b-que at O.P. Schnabel Park. Make your reservations today! Call 210-286-1612 for information.
- The Edgewood High School Class of 1985 is planning their 30th Year Reunion. If you are a 1985 graduate and would like to learn more about fund raisers, plans and the celebration date; call 210-852-6503 or 210-214-1808.
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.