- AARP Texas will have an “Age Friendly Community Conversation” on Tuesday, August 4th from 6 to 8PM at Studio One located at 8055 West Ave., Suite 101. For information, call toll-free 877-926-8300. Learn how AARP is helping communities become more liable for people of all ages.
- Registration is being accepted for the 8th Annual Boots ‘N Shoot event benefiting the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo’s Calf Scramble Program. The annual sporting clay event is scheduled for Friday, August 14th from 10AM to 10:30PM at the National Shooting Complex. Call 210-225-5851 for information and registration.
- Emmanuel AME Church – Young People Division presents “The Taste of New Orleans” today, Saturday, August 1st at 5PM at the church located at 1600 Semlinger Road. Admission is twelve dollars per person. Enjoy food, fun, fellowship, music and dancing. Call 210-782-4909 for tickets and information.
- The Junior League of San Antonio will present “I Love JLSA Day”, Saturday, August 1st from 8:30AM to 12Noon at Rosedale Park. One-hundred plus Junior League Members and their families will be beautifying a City of San Antonio Park. Come out and help improve the community.
- Kendall Country Women’s Shelter will host a “Safe Place Clay Shoot Tournament” Saturday, August 1st at Joshua Creek Ranch. The day begins at 8AM. Come out and support survivors of family violence and their children. For more information on today’s event, visit www.KCWSTexas.org
- Latin Roots Music and Food Fest will be held Saturday, August 1st from 1 to 11PM at Eisenhower Park located at 19399 NW Military Hwy. The festival will feature Latino music, food and performances in a festival style setting with craft vendors and artisans. Call 210-497-5559 for more information.
- Emerald Oaks, retirement living at its best, will have their grand opening on Saturday, August 1st from 2 to 6PM. Enjoy ribbon cutting, tours and refreshments. The retirement facility is located at 20302 Bulverde Road. Call 210-569-0705 for information.
- The Hispanic Sports Foundation for Education will host its 9th Annual National Hispanic Heritage Hall of Honor – Induction Ceremony and Scholarship Awards on Saturday, August 1st at 6PM at Our Lady of the Lake University Wellness Activity Center. For tickets and information, visit www.hsffe.com
- San Antonio Breath of Life SDA Church invites you to join their celebration at their new location on Saturday, August 1st at 11AM. Their Sabbath Celebration will be held at Dominion Church located at 3023 Martin Luther King. Transportation and lunch will be provided, call 210-421-0998 for transportation arrangements.
- Register today for the St. Anthony Mary Claret Unity Day 5K Run-Walk scheduled for Saturday, September 26 at 8AM. The race will begin at the church is located at 6150 Roft Road. Register today by visiting www.iaapweb.com
- Lone Star Play Ball is a non-competitive, co-ed softball league dedicated to special need athletes, 13 years of age and older. Games will be played Saturday mornings from September 12th to October 31st. Become a player or volunteer, visit www.lonestarplayball.org for registration forms. A twenty-dollar registration fee is required.
- Registration is now underway for “Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes” scheduled on Halloween, October 31st at Mission County Park – Pavilion One. Help prevent and cure diabetes, register today! Together we can stop Diabetes. Visit www.diabetes.org/stepoutsanantonio for information and registration.
- Register today for the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run – Walk San Antonio on Saturday, September 19th at the Mission County Park Pavilions. Participate in a 10K Run, 5K Run-Walk, 1-mile fun walk, Kids Superhero Dash for Dad, Virtual Snooze for Dudes program and After Dash Bash. Visit email@example.com for information.
- The Deco Mercado Days continue every third Saturday of the month through December. The event will offer a broad range of fresh produce from nearby farmers and other homemade goods. Call 210-432-1896 for information.
- The San Antonio Farmers Market Association invites you to today’s market located at 100 Jackson-Keller at Olmos Basin Park from 8AM to 1PM. Fresh locally grown produce is available for purchase. This market is held every Saturday. Call 210-204-7939 for more information.
- The Farmer’s Market at the Cibolo is back and it’s at the historic Herff Farm in Boerne. Taste and buy locally grown produce, buy local arts and crafts. The Market will be held Saturday mornings at 8:30AM and will continue every Saturday through December. Call 830-249-4616 for more information.
- CleftStrong’s 2nd Annual Fun 5K will be held Sunday, September 13th at Morgan’s Wonderland. Race begins at 8AM, race day registration at 7AM. Help make the difference in the world for babies born with a cleft. Register today, visit www.cleftstrong5K.com
- Church for the City, a new church set to open its doors on Sunday, September 13th will be hosting launch team meetings every Sunday from 5PM to 6PM at the Hilton Garden Inn located at 12828 San Pedro Ave. Be part of the team, visit www.Churchforthecity.tv for more information.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
High School Reunions:
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.