- The Alamo Mission Chapter – Daughters of the Republic of Texas will host a Texas Independence Day Ceremony on Monday, March 2nd beginning at 1PM in Alamo Plaza. As is tradition, the honor and presenting of the Texas Flag will be awarded to Central Catholic High School.
- A class in making Festive Crown Wreaths and crepe paper flowers are held every Wednesday in February and March at 7PM at the International Folk Culture Center located on the campus of Our Lady of the Lake University. Class fee is only four-dollars. Call 210-385-3877 for information and supply list.
- The 35th Annual San Antonio Home and Garden Show at the Alamodome will be held this weekend, February 27th through March 1st. Tour breathtaking gardens and landscaping while strolling through hundreds of exhibits featuring the latest in products and services. Visit www.sanantoniohomeshow.com
- Trinity United Methodist School is now enrolling for the 2015 – 2016 school year. Offering affordable private school education from Preschool two’s through fifth grade. Open house will be held today, Saturday, February 28th from 10AM to Noon. Call 210-684-5214 for information.
- Judson High School will be having it’s Black History Program today, Saturday, February 28th from 1 to 4PM at the Judson Performance Art Center. “Pro-Gres”, is an assembly of Entertainment for the advancement of African & Mexican American Achievements. Enjoy local artists, a fashion show, and international cuisine.
- Mark your calendars for Walk MS: San Antonio 2015 set for Saturday, March 7th at the AT&T Center. Visit www.walkMS.org to register to walk, volunteer or make a donation. Step up for a World Free of Multiple Sclerosis.
- The Witte Museum announce “Texas Flora: Nature’s Paintbrush and Healing Beauty: Medicinal Plants” by Mary Motz Willis, the exhibit runs through April 5th. For ticket information, call 210-357-1900.
- Mark your calendars and sign up today for the Rape Crisis Center’s Run 4 Hope 5K Run-Walk set for Saturday, March 28that the Wheatley Heights Sports Complex. This event is a fun, family-focused to raise awareness of sexual assault. To register, visit www.run4hope5K.com.
- The Bexar County Czech Heritage Society will have their annual Czech Dance, Sunday, March 1st from 2 to 6PM at Martinez Social Club. Live music performed by The Ennis Czech Boys. Admission is eight dollars per person. Call 649-2702 for information.
- The Alamo Area Council of Boy Scouts of America is now selling their “Camp Card”. These cards support youth sports, fitness and outdoor adventures. Contact any local scouting units and boy scouts to purchase. Enjoy vendor partners offering great savings at various locations. Visit www.Alamoareabsa.org for information.
- The Helotes Humane Society with a grant from Petsmart Charities, is providing free spay and neutering services for feral and free roaming cats in the 78023 zip code. For an appointment and more information call 210-422-6242.
- The Bexar County Emergency Scene Rehab is seeking donations of 500-hundred coloring books and Matchbox cars for its 12th Annual Easter Bunny event at area children’s hospitals and Wounded Warrior Project on Easter Sunday. Donation deadline is March 15th. Call 210-262-4527 for information.
- Looking for a job? Lowe’s has seasonal opportunites available in the San Antonio, Schertz, New Braufels, San Marcos and Kyle area. Apply online or onsite on the career portal. Visit www.lowes.com/careers for information.
- Translations and Interpretation Network is seeking bilingual people to work as professional interpreters. If you are interested in working as an interpreter, call 817-289-0050 or visit www.tintranslation.com.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
- The Bexata Animal Sanctuary and Rescue is seeking donations for greyhound dogs. Monetary donations can be made by visiting www.greyhoundrescuesanantonio.com. Help save the animals by donating or adopting retired racing greyhounds.
High School Reunions:
- The Edgewood High School Class of 1985 is planning their 30th Year Reunion. If you are a 1985 graduate and would like to learn more about fund raisers, plans and the celebration date; call 210-852-6503 or 210-214-1808.
- The East Central Class of 1975 will have their 40th year class reunion on Saturday, April 11th at the Highland Social Club. If you are a 1975 graduate of East Central High School and would like to attend the reunion, visit the “East Central Class of 1975” Facebook page for tickets and information.
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.