- A class in making Festive Crown Wreaths and crepe paper flowers are held every Wednesday in February and March at 7PM at the International Folk Culture Center located on the campus of Our Lady of the Lake University. Class fee is only four-dollars. Call 210-385-3877 for information and supply list.
- There’s still time to register for the 17th Annual “Fore” the Children Golf Classic to be held Friday, March 6th at 12:30PM the Bandit Golf Club in New Braunfels. Connections - invite you to celebrate the 32nd Anniversary of empowering Children at this golf classic. Call 830-609-4665 for information and registration.
- Jump-Start Performance Company will kick off its 30th season with “Serpientes Y Escaleras”. Performances run March 6th through the 29th. Jump-Start is located at 710 Fredericksburg Road, in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. For information and to purchase tickets, call 210-227-5867 or visit www.jumpstart.org
- The Farmer’s market at the Cibolo is back and it’s at the historic Herff Farm in Boerne. Taste and buy locally grown produce, buy local arts and crafts. The Market will be held Saturday, March 7th at 8:30AM and will continue every Saturday through December. Call 830-24-4616 for more information.
- St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church Rummage Sale and Craft Fair will be held Saturday, March 7th from 9AM to 2PM on the church grounds located at 722 Robin hood Place. Find it all in one place, bring the family. For information, call 210-824-2465.
- Zion Lutheran Church Spring Arts Festival will be held Saturday, March 7th from 10AM to 4PM. The church is located at 9944 Leslie Road. Over fifty vendors will have their handcrafted items for sale including woodwork, art, jewelry, toys and much more. Call 210-688-3090 for more information.
- Leon Valley 26th Annual Earthwise Living Day, Sustainability 101 will be held on Saturday, March 7th from 9AM to 1PM at the Leon Valley Community Center located at 6427 Evers Road. Admission is FREE; bring the family for a day of fun. Call 210-681-1232 for information.
- The Junior League’s 4th Annual Fete du Cuvee Fine Wine Auction will be held Saturday, March 7th at The Bright Shawl beginning at 6PM. Enjoy food and wine pairing from locally-acclaimed chefs. For tickets and information, visit www.jlsa.org
- St. Leo the Great Catholic School Annual “Night of Fiesta” Gala Dinner Dance will be held Saturday, March 7th from 6 to 10:30PM at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. For tickets and information, call 210-532-3166.
- Mark your calendars for Walk MS: San Antonio 2015 set for Saturday, March 7th at the AT&T Center. Visit www.walkMS.org to register to walk, volunteer or make a donation. Step up for a World Free of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Registration is underway for the inaugural 2015 Run for Capernaum 5K Run – Walk Benefit will be held Saturday, March 14th at 8AM at Heroes Stadium. All ages and special needs individuals are welcome! All proceeds benefit the San Antonio Chapter of Younglife Capernaum. Visit www.active.com to register.
- The Witte Museum announce “Texas Flora: Nature’s Paintbrush and Healing Beauty: Medicinal Plants” by Mary Motz Willis, the exhibit runs through April 5th. For ticket information, call 210-357-1900.
- The Rainforest Adventure at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens will be held March 7th through September. The interactive maze adventure will take you inside the rainforest, from soaring canopies and real life sounds, with lessons on ecology, biodiversity, adaptability and conservation. Call 210-207-3250 for tickets and information.
- Mark your calendars and sign up today for the Rape Crisis Center’s Run 4 Hope 5K Run-Walk set for Saturday, March 28that the Wheatley Heights Sports Complex. This event is a fun, family-focused to raise awareness of sexual assault. To register, visit www.run4hope5K.com.
- The Alamo Area Council of Boy Scouts of America is now selling their “Camp Card”. These cards support youth sports, fitness and outdoor adventures. Contact any local scouting units and boy scouts to purchase. Enjoy vendor partners offering great savings at various locations. Visit www.Alamoareabsa.org for information.
- The Helotes Humane Society with a grant from Petsmart Charities, is providing free spay and neutering services for feral and free roaming cats in the 78023 zip code. For an appointment and more information call 210-422-6242.
- The Bexar County Emergency Scene Rehab is seeking donations of 500-hundred coloring books and Matchbox cars for its 12th Annual Easter Bunny event at area children’s hospitals and Wounded Warrior Project on Easter Sunday. Donation deadline is March 15th. Call 210-262-4527 for information.
- Looking for a job? Lowe’s has seasonal opportunites available in the San Antonio, Schertz, New Braufels, San Marcos and Kyle area. Apply online or onsite on the career portal. Visit www.lowes.com/careers for information.
- Translations and Interpretation Network is seeking bilingual people to work as professional interpreters. If you are interested in working as an interpreter, call 817-289-0050 or visit www.tintranslation.com.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
- The Bexata Animal Sanctuary and Rescue is seeking donations for greyhound dogs. Monetary donations can be made by visiting www.greyhoundrescuesanantonio.com. Help save the animals by donating or adopting retired racing greyhounds.
High School Reunions:
- The Edgewood High School Class of 1985 is planning their 30th Year Reunion. If you are a 1985 graduate and would like to learn more about fund raisers, plans and the celebration date; call 210-852-6503 or 210-214-1808.
- The East Central Class of 1975 will have their 40th year class reunion on Saturday, April 11th at the Highland Social Club. If you are a 1975 graduate of East Central High School and would like to attend the reunion, visit the “East Central Class of 1975” Facebook page for tickets and information.
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.