- Celebrate your Fourth of July with Friends and Family at the 2nd Annual Leon Valley 4th of July Fun and Fireworks Spectacular Celebration on Saturday, July 4th from 10AM to Dusk at Raymond Rimkus Park located at 6440 Evers Road. Enjoy a 5K Run, a Parade, food & drinks, fun activities, music and fireworks! Free and Open to all!
- The 31st Annual Fourth of July Patriotic Ceremony will be held Saturday, July 4th at 10AM at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery located at 1520 Harry Wurzbach Road. Bring the family and celebrate our nation’s birthday and honor all veterans from the American Revolution to present day. This event is free and open to the public.
- Bring the family to the 3rd Annual Fireworks in the Park at Friendship Park in Kirby on Saturday, July 4th from 2PM to Midnight. Enjoy family games, food booths, arts & crafts, music and fireworks! Friendship Park is located at 5745 Binz-Engleman Road.
- Lone Star Play Ball is a non-competitive, co-ed softball league dedicated to special need athletes, 13 years of age and older. Games will be played Saturday mornings from September 12th to October 31st. Become a player or volunteer, visit www.lonestarplayball.org for registration forms. A twenty-dollar registration fee is required.
- Register today for the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run – Walk San Antonio on Saturday, September 19th at the Mission County Park Pavilions. Participate in a 10K Run, 5K Run-Walk, 1-mile fun walk, Kids Superhero Dash for Dad, Virtual Snooze for Dudes program and After Dash Bash. Visit email@example.com information.
- The Deco Mercado Days continue every third Saturday of the month through December. The event will offer a broad range of fresh produce from nearby farmers and other homemade goods. Call 210-432-1896 for information.
- The San Antonio Farmers Market Association invites you to today’s market located at 100 Jackson-Keller at Olmos Basin Park from 8AM to 1PM. Fresh locally grown produce is available for purchase. This market is held every Saturday. Call 210-204-7939 for more information.
- The Farmer’s Market at the Cibolo is back and it’s at the historic Herff Farm in Boerne. Taste and buy locally grown produce, buy local arts and crafts. The Market will be held Saturday mornings at 8:30AM and will continue every Saturday through December. Call 830-249-4616 for more information.
- Church for the City, a new church set to open its doors on Sunday, September 13th will be hosting launch team meetings starting Sunday, July 5th and every Sunday thereafter from 5 to 6PM at the Hilton Garden Inn located at 12828 San Pedro Ave. Be part of the team, visit www.Churchforthecity.tv for more information.
- River City Community Church invites you to join “Everest”, a summer evening Vacation Bible School from July 20th to the 24tgh from 6:30 to 9PM. Enjoy music, Bible lessons, and fun activities. Visit www.reallife.org/children and register today!
- The Alamo Council of the Blind is accepting applications for their annual college scholarship program. To be eligible, you must be legally blind and attending or scheduled to attend an accredited college, university, or vocational school. Application deadline is July 15th. Visit www.acbsatx.org/scholarship for application.
- Register today for the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run – Walk San Antonio on Saturday, September 19th at the Mission County Park Pavilions. Participate in a 10K Run, 5K Run-Walk, 1-mile fun walk, Kids Superhero Dash for Dad, Virtual Snooze for Dudes program and After Dash Bash. Visit firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- The San Antonio Police Department – Family Assistance Crisis Team is looking for men and women to assist victims of domestic violence by volunteering with the Victims Advocacy Office. Make a six-month commitment, potential volunteers will receive training. Call 210-207-2305 for more information.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 210-458-2460.
High School Reunions:
- The Thomas Edison Class of 1975 is planning their 40th Year Reunion in June. Join your classmates on Friday, June 26th at the mixer at Stone Werks at the Rim. On Saturday, June 27th enjoy a family bar-b-que at O.P. Schnabel Park. Make your reservations today! Call 210-286-1612 for information.
- If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.