DWTS All-Stars: Double elimination
Competition cut down to top nine couples
SAN ANTONIO - After an hour-long recap show, it appears Tuesday’s official show is getting down to business. Two all-star couples will go home. The remaining couples will choose the dances for their competition.
First, here’s a look at the leaderboard:
- Melissa & Tony: 27 points
- Kelly & Val: 27 points
- Shawn & Derek: 26.5 points
- Sabrina & Louis: 25.5 points
- Helio & Chelsie: 25.5 points
- Apolo & Karina: 25.5 points
- Gilles & Peta: 25.5 points
- Emmitt & Cheryl: 25 points
- Drew & Anna: 24 points
- Kirstie & Maks: 24 points
- Bristol & Mark: 22.5 points
The judges wanted an encore of Shawn & Derek’s quick step.
The first four couples learn their fates: Melissa & Tony, Gilles & Peta and Emmitt & Cheryl are safe. Kirstie & Maks (and his tight pants) are in jeopardy.
The next four couples take the stage to learn their fates. Shawn & Derek, Apolo & Karina and Kelly & Val are safe. Drew & Anna are in jeopardy.
After the break, it’s another dramatic elimination round – this time of the couples who are already in jeopardy. OOOH! ABC is shaking things up! Kirstie & Maks are safe. Drew & Anna are going home. Wow! That’s the season two champ!
It’s the first taped time filler! The judges and contestants talked about the new challenge: all-stars choose their competitor’s dance for next week. I was glad Tom noticed this because sometimes I think I’m the only one: Mark’s British accent pops in and out of the show. Tom said that’s how you know Mark is nervous. That is TOTALLY not how I respond to a case of the nerves!
It’s time to reveal the dance styles:
- Hip Hop
- Rock & Roll
Some of the dances have not been performed on the show before. The idea is the all-stars will give a competitor the dance they don’t want.
- Bristol & Mark chose Bollywood for Gilles & Peta
- Kirstie & Maks chose disco for Sabrina & Louis
- Helio & Chelsie chose mambo for Shawn & Derek
- Kelly & Val chose bolero for Emmitt & Cheryl
- Melissa & Tony chose hip hop for Apolo & Karina
- Apolo & Karina chose jitterbug for Melissa & Tony
- Emmitt & Cheryl chose contemporary for Kelly & Val
- Shawn & Derek chose Broadway for Helio & Chelsie
- Sabrina & Louis chose Charleston for Kirstie & Maks
- Bristol & Mark will dance rock & roll
Don’t forget: Paula Abdul will be the guest judge!
It’s time for the Macy’s Stars of Dance! Josh Johnson performed a pretty awesome tap routine. He usually dances in the New York City subways for cash to pay for college expenses. You can learn more about him here.
Karmin performed a medley of their hits.
It’s time for the final three couples to learn their fates. They have to wait through one more commercial break! Bristol & Mark and Sabrina & Louis are safe. Helio & Chelsie are going home. That’s the season five champ!
Ugh. As much as I wanted a season with former contestants on the show, I hate seeing these really good dancers go home each week! The only thing making me happy with this all-star season: it’s filled with good dancing!
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.