DWTS All-stars: Seventh couple sent home
Show promised, delivered surprising elimination
SAN ANTONIO - The top eight couples put on their cowboy boots and fringe, but one won’t go to the rodeo (sorry, I’m already out of country words). Before we learn which couple was tripped up on country week, we get a look at the leaderboard – remember this includes last week’s scores as no one was eliminated.
- Sabrina & Louis – 88.5 points
- Apolo & Karina – 86.5 points
- Melissa & Tony – 86 points
- Shawn & Derek – 84.5 points
- Gilles & Peta – 84 points
- Emmitt & Cheryl – 82.5 points
- Kirstie & Maks – 82 points
- Kelly & Val – 78.5 points
The judges wanted an encore performance from Apolo & Karina. They brought back their Viennese waltz.
UNEXPECTED NEWS: Because of the number of people who couldn’t vote on the east coast because of Hurricane Sandy, no couple will be eliminated next week.
The first couples take the stage to learn their fates. Emmitt & Cheryl and Kelly & Val are safe.
Jason Mraz performed “I Won’t Give Up.”
The next three couples learn their fates. Shawn & Derek, Gilles & Peta and Kirstie & Maks are safe. That means the bottom five couples are all safe! Uh oh. Someone REALLY good is going home!
It’s a time filler! The top eight stars talk about how hard it is to stay in the competition. FF.
The Macy’s Stars of Dance was created by two choreographers who worked with Madonna, Katy Perry and Pink. It included powdered wigs, corsets and some incredible dancing.
Next week, the couples will take on the first-ever “fusion” dances. The couples get one piece of music and have to do two different dances. As if that’s not hard enough, the couples are choosing dances for each other. Here’s what they picked:
- Kirstie & Maks chose tango/cha cha for Melissa & Tony
- Kelly & Val chose Argentine tango/samba for Gilles & Peta
- Emmitt & Cheryl chose tango/fox trot for Sabrina & Louis
- Apolo & Karina chose quickstep/samba for Kirstie & Maks
- Melissa & Tony chose tango/paso doble for Shawn & Derek
- Shawn & Derek chose rumba/samba for Emmitt & Cheryl
- Sabrina & Louis chose cha cha/fox trot for Kelly & Val
- Gilles & Peta chose cha cha/paso doble for Apolo & Karina
Taylor Swift performed “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
The top three couples take the stage to learn their fates. They have to wait through one more commercial break before getting the news. Melissa & Tony and Apolo & Karina are safe. Sabrina & Louis are going home. WHAT!?!? I’m shocked!
Tune in next week to see how the couples do with the fusion dances and a swing dance marathon!
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.