It's not every day you grill a salad.
This week's Backyard Kitchen Recipe:
Steak and Potato Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lbs. Filet Mignon steaks.
- 2-3lbs. baby red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cupc sour cream
- 1 tbsp. shallot, minced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped.
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, diced.
- As needed - salt and pepper to taste (½ tsp each).
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F
2. In a food processor combine the sour cream, blue cheese and shallots together with a pinch of salt and pepper. Puree until smooth and pour into a dish, cover and refrigerate until ready to dress your salad.
3. On a plate season your steaks with salt and pepper and allow then to sit at room temperature for 20min before cooking.
4. Cut your potatoes into quarters and toss them with salt, pepper and the olive oil, place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 30-40min or until potatoes are crispy and fully cooked. Remove and allow them to cool then refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Once you are ready to grill your steaks you can pan sauté, broil or grill. For Broiling place your oven grate about 6-8 inches below your heating element, place your steaks in an oven safe pan and place under the broiler, cook about 3-4min per side then turn off the broiler and allow them to cook for another 8min or until the internal temp is 140F.
6. Allow steaks to rest before slicing thin and assembling your salad. In a bowl add the cold potatoes, celery, green onions and a generous amount of the blue cheese dressing, toss together and lay the thin slices of filet over the salad as a garnish.
Recommended Wine Selection: Sessi - Syrah
|“Bring home the fun and colorful line of Mexican-inspired cookware, Cocinaware™.
Available only at H-E-B.”
|“Shop your H-E-B Texas Backyard for outdoor accessories and pottery”|