Fish tacos are quick and easy to make. Just make sure you make extra because these will go fast.
This week's Backyard Kitchen Recipe:
GRILLED FISH TACOS
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 each Mahi Mahi, or Tilapia fillets
- 1 each Lime, juiced
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tbsp Canola oil
- 8 count H-E-B small corn tortillas
- 1 cup H-E-B Ready Fresh Go pico de gallo
- ½ bag Fresh Express Angel Hair Cabbage
- ¼ cup HEB Salsa Ranch Dressing
- ½ each Avocado, peeled & sliced
- ¼ cup Queso fresco, crumbled
1. Season fish with salt, pepper and lime juice. Heat a clean grill to medium-high heat and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Place seasoned fish on the grill. Grill each side of fish for 3-4 minutes or until fish begins to flake in center.
3. Combine pico de gallo, shredded cabbage, and dressing in a bowl and set aside. Place tortillas on the grill for 30 seconds per side or until light grill marks appear.
4. When fish is cooked, place ½ fish fillet in each tortilla.
5. Top each tortilla with pico de gallo, slice of avocado and lightly sprinkle on queso fresco. Serve hot.
Recommended Wine Pairing: Rocca Sveva Soave