Use dried Chorizo and Shishito Peppers to make an interesting skewer
This week's Backyard Kitchen Recipe:
Grilled Shishito Peppers with Dried Chorizo
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb. Shishito peppers
- 1 pkg. Aurelia’s Dried Spanish Style Chorizo, cut into ½ inch pieces on the bias.
- 8 oz. Brun-Uusto Grilling cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil for brushing
1. Soak the bamboo skewers for a minimum of 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
3. Place the peppers, chorizo, and cheese on the skewer, alternating as you go.
4. Brush with olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the peppers are charred.
5. Serve immediately.
Recommended Wine Selection: Javier San Pedro Randez Rioja
|“Bring home the fun and colorful line of Mexican-inspired cookware, Cocinaware™.
Available only at H-E-B.”
|“Shop your H-E-B Texas Backyard for outdoor accessories and pottery”|