This week's Backyard Kitchen Recipe:
A refreshing slaw to add to your entertaining skills.
Perfect Summer Slaw
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- ½ head Napa Cabbage, shredded
- 1 jicama, julienned
- 1 red apple, 1 green apple, both julienned
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 jalapeno diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp. honey
1. Combine the red cabbage and napa cabbage together with the jicama, apples, jalapeno and red onion.
2. In a blender or in a bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, cilantro, and honey. Blend or whisk until smooth.
3. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the slaw and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Recommended Wine Pairing: Austin East Cider Original