The grill is not only for meats. Try this recipe for a different way to serve peaches.
This week's Backyard Kitchen Recipe:
GRILLED SHORT CAKE with PEACHES
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 each pound cake, cut into slices
1. Spray grill rack or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a chilled small mixing bowl combine cream, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium until soft peaks form. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Brush both peaches and pound cake with melted butter.
4. Place cake slices on grill grate and grill for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once. Grill peach halves about 3 minutes or until grill marks appear.
5. To serve, place cake in the bottom of a bowl and place a peach half on top. Top with maple vanilla whipped cream.
Recommended Wine Pairing: Fratelli Moscato d Asti
|“Bring home the fun and colorful line of Mexican-inspired cookware, Cocinaware™.
Available only at H-E-B.”
|“Shop your H-E-B Texas Backyard for outdoor accessories and pottery”|