Gas flares in Eagle Ford Shale continue upward
Gas flaring in the most profitable shale field in the U.S. is on pace to surpass to 2013 levels of waste and pollution in South Texas, according to a newspaper analysis of state records published Sunday.
Dallas police officer arrested for sexual assault
A Dallas police officer has been arrested for sexual assault, accused of using his position as a peace officer to force prostitutes to perform sexual acts while he worked an extra job.
Foster, defense lead Texans over Ravens 25-13
The Texans kept their slim playoff hopes alive with a fourth-string quarterback and a running back throwing passes.
Elton John, David Furnish get married
Sir Elton John and David Furnish are now husband and husband.
Rubio continues fight against Cuba deal
Sen. Marco Rubio, who is considering a presidential run, said Sunday that President Barack Obama has thrown away valuable leverage to bring about political changes in Cuba.
Sony doesn't know how but says 'The Interview' will be shown
At one point, it looked like Sony was bowing to hackers' wishes that "The Interview" never be shown.
Blame piles on NYC mayor for cop shooting
Several police officials and politicians are pointing fingers at New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio after two New York City police officers were murdered on Saturday, following weeks of protests against police treatment of minorities in New York and around the country.
Tom Brokaw says his cancer is in remission
NBC great Tom Brokaw is ending the year with good news: His cancer is in remission.
Officers shoot Canadian man on U.S. border bridge
U.S. officers shot a Canadian man who walked toward a border inspection booth waving a handgun early Sunday.
Man killed in fatal Southton Road accident ID'd
A man killed early Saturday morning after a guardrail went through his car has been identified.
Woman injured in East Side drive-by shooting
A woman was injured Sunday evening when a bullet hit her in the foot while she was inside her home.
- 3 in custody after brief car chase, shooting
- Bexar Waste employee spent stolen $1.7 million on escorts, gambling
- Ejected driver dies after car rolls on top of him
- FSU hearing clears quarterback Jameis Winston
- Romo, Cowboys reach playoffs in 42-7 rout of Colts
- Holiday schedules for trash collection, municipal offices
- Task force to combat South Texas public corruption
- Gas flares in Eagle Ford Shale continue upward
- Dallas police officer arrested for sexual assault
World and National News
- Sony doesn't know how but says 'The Interview' will be shown
- Blame piles on NYC mayor for cop shooting
- Tom Brokaw says his cancer is in remission
- Officers shoot Canadian man on U.S. border bridge
- Police officer shot and killed in Florida
- Obama: Putin is no chess master
- Muhammad Ali in hospital with pneumonia, his spokesman says
- U.S. transfers 4 more Guantanamo detainees -- this time to Afghanistan
- Defenders examine tax dollars spent by SA Film Commission
- Info sparse on taxing emergency service districts
- CPS Energy replaces leaning pole after man calls Defenders
- Defenders detail City Council spending
- Goliad residents worried about water from proposed waste site
- Medical documents found in recycling dumpster
- SAFD's paramedics vow to clean up after crimes, crashes
- South San ISD officials admit police cars in bad shape
- Monument association aims to fulfill customers' headstone orders
- Families pay for headstones they never receive
- Mexican Mafia 'Enforcer' indicted on weapons charge
- Fugitive wanted in $800k ID theft scheme surrenders
- SAPD: Man admits to burglaries, points out targeted homes
- Woman arrested in thefts at SA missions
- SAPD: Suspect's 'pointed nose' led to robbery arrest
- SAPD: Man calls business up to 100 times seeking money
- SAPD: Woman's killer 'will strike again'
- 12th fugitive featured on Crime Fighters Takedown Day arrested
- SAPD: Families often big help in identifying, arresting suspects
- West Side neighborhood combats thefts with app