E-Mail Management FAQ
Need help adding us to your Safe Sender list?
Q: How do I unsubscribe?
A: 1. Go to the user management page.
2. Enter in the main e-mail address you used to subscribe.
3. On the next page, check or uncheck the boxes next to any alert or email you want to unsubscribe from. 4. Hit submit.
Q: I have tried to unsubscribe, but the management tool states my address is invalid or could not be found. Why?
A: The e-mail address you enter in the "Already A Subscriber" area must match the e-mail in our system exactly.
Birthdate: Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to sign up for e-mail without parental consent. If you left this blank the form will not process.
Q: I unsubscribed, but I am still receiving e-mails. Why?
A: You must unsubscribe using the user management tool. Follow the instructions at the top of the user management tool and hit submit. If you have already used the user management tool and you are still receiving e-mail newsletters it may be because you have multiple addresses entered in our system.
Q: How do I unsubscribe from a cell phone or pager alert?
A: 1. Go to the user management page.
2. Enter in the main e-mail address you used to subscribe to the cell-phone or pager alert (note: not the cell-phone or page address).
3. Hit submit.
4. The pager or cell phone alert will be checked. Uncheck that box.
5. Hit submit.
Q: I am signed up for e-mails but I am not receiving any of them. Why? And/Or I am signed up for many e-mails but I only receive one per day. Why?
A: Your e-mail program may not be accepting HTML e-mails. You may want to change to the text version of the newsletter and see if that resolves the issue.
If it does not, the cause is most likely a spam filter. Spam filters are the most common reason users do not receive their e-mails.
Their are two primary levels of spam filtering:
1. Mailbox level spam filters: Check the settings on your e-mail software (for example:Outlook). Most systems have junk e-mail settings, check to see how they are set up to detect spam and modify if needed.
2. Internet Service Provider Level spam filters: Some ISPs, such as AOL, set up filters at the server level. The rules they have in place may be stopping your e-mail newsletter or alert. To check this, contact your ISP.
Q: I received my breaking news 3 days late. Why?
A: Anti-virus software at the server level occasionally filters mail that they suspect could contain a virus. This may delay the delivery of your email while it is going through that security system. You may want to contact your e-mail administrator for assistance on setting filters to allow our mail to reach you.
Q: I am going on vacation. Can I suspend my e-mails?
A: 1. Enter your e-mail in the "Already A Subscriber" area.
2. In section 1 of the form a drop-down will appear called Account Status. Change the status of your account to "off".
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit submit.
4. When you return from vacation return your account status to "on".
Q: I accidentally deleted an e-mail. How can I get another copy?
A: Our mailings are not archived. We are sorry, but it will not be possible to get another copy. If you are looking for a specific story, try the site search.
Q: How Do I unsubscribe from School or Business Closings/Delays email alerts?
A: Open the closings email you no longer wish to receive. Scroll to the bottom and click the link below "Want to unsubscribe? Click here:" You will automatically be unsubscribed from that institution's future emails.
Q: How Do I unsubscribe from School or Business Closings/Delays Mobile SMS Text messages or emails?
A: 1. Go to the closings management page.
2. Enter in the main e-mail address you used to subscribe to the closings email, cell-phone, or pager alert (note: not the cell-phone or pager address)
3. Click "Next Step"
4. Check the box next to "Send It To My Text Pager/Phone" and hit "Next Step" (note: no need to Select Your School or Institution if your are unsubscribing)
5. The alerts you currently receive will be listed on the next page. To be removed from any mailing list, check the box next to that particular list then click the "Submit Your Changes" button above. (note: Alt E-mail 1 and Alt E-mail 2 are cell/mobile/pager numbers.)
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.