What's Going On?
KSAT 12 Community Calendar
- Go-PLAY-Girls will host two week-long Fit-Sport Camps on August 12th at Cornerstone Christian School. Visit goplaygirls.org for Information and registration.
- The San Antonio Humane Society will host Monday's Mutts every Monday during August. All dogs over 25 pounds may be Adopted for $25. Visit SAHumane.org.
- Space Center Houston has launched a statewide "Name the Shuttle Contest" - name the high-fidelity NASA Space Shuttle replica. Visit Nametheshuttle.com and submit an original name. Contest deadline is Labor Day - Sept. 2.
- The Saint George Episcopal Church Mental Health Family Support Group will meet on Wednesday, August 14th at 7PM. The church is located at 6904 West Avenue at Northwest Military Highway. Call 342.4261 for information.
- The San Antonio Chapter of Sons of the American Revolution, meets the third Wednesday of the month at the Petroleum Club starting at 11:30AM with lunch. Call 402.0871 for information.
- Classes for Anger Management, Domestic and Family Violence and Protected Parenting are held weekly on Thursdays from 6 to 7PM at 1420 North Austin Street. Call 830.372.5980 for information.
- Children's Organ Transplant Association will host Rockin' Picnic in the Park to help 1-year-old Dolan C. on Friday, August 16th at 5:30PM at the Friends of Castroville Amphitheatre. Call 998-9230 for information.
- The San Antonio Food Bank is sponsoring the Summer Food Service Program hosted at 125 sites. The program runs thru Aug. 23. Call 431.8331 for more information.
- Bring your pets and the entire family for a free showing of "Marmaduke" on Saturday, August 17th at 8:30PM for Movie Nights in the Heights. The movie will be held at Judson Nature Trails located at 250 Viesca in Alamo Heights.
- The Eastside Promise Neighborhood will host the "Eastside Summer Learning Festival" on Saturday, August 17th from 9AM to 12Noon at Pershing Park located 500 Sandmeyer Street. Call 352.7142 for information.
- Conquer Chiari - Walk Across America will be held Saturday, Sept. 21st at Concepcion Park. Registration begins at 8:30AM, the walk will follow at 10AM. Call 779.4464 for more information.
- Cibolo Nature Center's Farmers Market at the Cibolo in Boerne continue to offer Texas-produced organically or naturally grown food and products through the winter, every Saturday from 9AM to 1PM at Herff Farm.
- The New Braunfels Train Museum is a place for fun for kids of all ages. "Kids Fun Day" is held the first Saturday of every month. The museum is free to and open to the public. Call 1.830.627.2447 for more information.
- The 6th Annual Motorcycle Run benefitting St. PJ's Children's Home will be held Sunday, August 18th at 12Noon at Comanche Park #2. Registration begins at 9AM, kickstands up at 11AM. Enjoy Brisket Plates, a raffle, music and more.
- Help Catholic Charities "Beat the Heat" by donating fans to seniors in need. Donations can be made through Sept. 1 at the Guadalupe Community Center. Call 242.3111 for information or monetary donation.
- The UTSA Small Business Development Center offers integrated, low-cost training and free counseling services to meet the needs of small business owners - to find out the classes that will be offered this week, call 458.2460.
- Christian Youth Theater San Antonio, an after-school theater arts training program for students. Master classes and Musical Theater Day Camp registration is accepting enrollment. Visit cytsanantonio.org for more information.
- Currently enrolled college-university students may apply for a paid full-time internship hosted by a number of partnering local industries and organizations offered through the City's Ambassador Program. Call 207-5920 for information.
- Hill Country schools are eligible to apply for grants to help students learn about rainwater catchment and water conservation. For applications and To find out if your county can participate visit rainwaterrevival.com.
- The Jefferson Outreach for Older People can really use your help by sponsoring meals for seniors. You can sponsor a day, month or a year. For more information, call 734-5016.
- Family Endeavors needs household supplies so they can make move-in kits to help homeless vets get started when they find housing. Call 431-6466 for information.
- The Southwest Outreach for Older People assist adults that can no longer drive. You can help by taking them to their appointments. If you would like to help and volunteer, call 558-0007.
- PAX is seeking temporary host families in Dripping Springs, San Marcos and Comal County to be American mentors for international exchange students. If you are interested, call 619.403.6947 for information.
- The United Healthcare Children's foundation helps children get the medical care they need. If you or a family you know need help paying for your child's Medical treatments, therapies and devices apply for a grant at uhccf.org.
- $5 Yoga Classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 to 5PM at AC Power Yoga located at 3619 Broadway. Visit this website for more information.
High School Reunions:
None listed at this time.
If you would like to have an event posted on our Community Calendar, please email KSAT 12 Promotion Assistant Josie Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.