Lockdown lifted at Fort Sam Houston after 1 man detaine >

Lit cigarette sparks fire at Lincoln Village apartments on Jackson Keller Road

Residents evacuated for short time, damage estimates unknown

jackelleraptfire

SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio firefighters say a cigarette is to blame for a small fire and evacuation at a Northwest Side apartment complex in the 1700 block of Jackson Keller early Monday morning.

Fire crews were called to the Lincoln Village apartments around 4 a.m. and arrived to heavy smoke coming out of a building.

Crews extinguished the fire and discovered a cigarette that ignited on the siding of the building.

Residents were allowed back into their apartments a short time later. Damage estimates were unknown.


Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus