NB Loop 410 shut down near Rigsby Ave. following motorc >

Explosion, flash fire burn southside man

Firefighters say apparent gas leak causes explosion, damages house

SAN ANTONIO - A flash fire and explosion injured a southside man and damaged a house Saturday morning.

Firefighters said it appears a leaky space heater is to blame.

The fire and blast happened at 11:30 Saturday in the 800 block of McCauley.

Firefighters found the burn victim inside the shower, trying to ease the pain of a flash burn.

Investigators said the man told them he had lit a cigarette before the explosion.

Gas from a space heater apparently caused the fire and blast, investigators said.

The explosion blew a wall partially out, which a neighbor had to pull to get into the house to help the burned man.

EMS transported the victim to the hospital.

The extent of his burns is not yet known.


Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus