Car fire forces evacuation at apartment building on Rosabell Street
Fire spread from Ford Mustang to roof of apartment complex
SAN ANTONIO - Ten people were evacuated from their homes early Monday morning after a car fire spread to the roof of their West Side apartment complex.
The fire sparked around 5:30 a.m. in the 100 block of Rosabell Street, in the engine compartment of a Ford Mustang parked outside the apartment building.
Flames spread and caused a couple of thousand dollars in damage, fire officials said.
Residents were evacuated for safety reasons but fire officials said the complex did not suffer major damage.
No injuries were reported and residents were allowed back inside about 45 minutes later.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.