Baby bath seats recalled
Home Depot recalls ladders, nailers, mugs
Thousands of Dream on Me baby bath seats have been recalled after the near-drowning of a 1-year-old girl.
All models were recalled because they fail to meet federal safety standards, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission www.cpsc.gov.
Specifically, they can tip over, creating a drowning hazard.
Parents are urged not to use them and to contact www.dreamonme.com.
The same company also recalled children's bed rails because they pose a suffocation and strangulation hazard.
The bed rails are supposed to keep young children from falling out of bed, but with these, the bed rail can separate from the mattress, and the child can become trapped.
Magnet desk toys
High-powered magnet desk toys sold at Amazon.com have been recalled. They were sold under the brand www.Dynocube.com and imported by Reiss Innovations.
The set has 216 tiny magnets. If a child were to swallow two or more magnets, they could attach and perforate the child's intestines.
While there have been no reports of children ingesting this product, there have been numerous reports of children hurt after swallowing other magnets.
Home Depot ladders
Home Depot recalled three of its products, including 20,000 Switch-it by Little Giant stepladders that convert to stepstools. When extended, the ladder can become unstable. Nine people have fallen and suffered injuries including a fractured collar bone.
The recalled ladders were sold from August through October. For more information: www.littlegiantladders.com/switch-it-recall.
Thousands of Ridgid pneumatic nailers sold at Home Depot have been recalled by One World Technologies. The recall involves certain coil roofing nailers model R175RNE and clipped head framing nailers model R350CHE. The trigger assembly can malfunction and involuntarily discharge. No injuries have been reported. More information is available at www.ridgid.com.
Home Depot also recalled thousands of bright orange Homer's All-Purpose Bucket Mugs. The silver bucket handle can spark when it's heated in the microwave, posing a fire danger. Consumers should contact www.homedepot.com.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.