Man shot multiple times on Northwest Side >

SAFD: Space heater likely sparks house fire on Debra Street

SAFD: Fire contained to bedroom, no one injured

SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio fire officials say an electrical outlet with a space heater plugged into it may have been to blame for a house fire on the South Side Monday night.

The fire broke around 9 p.m. at a home in the 1200 block of Debra Street.

Fire crews say the homeowner saw flames coming out of an electrical outlet that had a space heater and a TV plugged into it.

The fire spread quickly, but no one was injured, fire officials said.

"The heaters come out on these cold days, but you gotta be very careful where they are placed, where they are plugged into because they can be very dangerous," said Capt. Robert Sepulveda with the San Antonio Fire Department.

The fire was contained to one bedroom and extinguished within a few minutes. Damage estimates were unknown.


Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus