Fire destroys home in New Braunfels

3 classic cars burned in garage


NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas - A New Braunfels couple has lost nearly everything after a fire ripped through their home Wednesday morning.

Fire investigators said the fire started just before 9:30 a.m. at a home near the corner of Klemm and Arendes.

Investigators said it was likely an electrical fire and that it started near the door that leads into the house from the garage.

The homeowner kept a tub full of tools and batteries in that area and next to it was a damaged extension cord that was plugged in.

Officials say it likely malfunctioned, causing the fire.

The blaze spread from the garage to the home's attic, eventually destroying the roof of the home.

Investigators say the homeowner was actually in the garage prior to the fire performing maintenance on at least one of his three classic cars, but it doesn't appear that it played a role in the fire.

Fortunately the homeowner escaped unharmed.

But given the value of the classic cars and the homes, estimated value of approximately $300,000, the damage could be upwards of more than half a million dollars.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus