WATCH LIVE: KSAT reports from massive steel mill fire near Seguin >

Smoke fills school cafeteria after freezer breaks

Smoke fills Howsman Elementary in northwest San Antonio


SAN ANTONIO - A freezer broke at a Northwest Side school and filled part of the building with smoke Wednesday night.

San Antonio firefighters were called to Howsman Elementary in the 11000 block of Vance Jackson around 8 p.m.

Firefighters say a belt broke on the freezer unit in the school's cafeteria and began to cause smoke.

The fire alarm did not sound, but custodian saw the smoke and called 911.

Officials do not believe the food inside the freezer was damaged, but a health inspector was sent to examine it.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus