1 year later, family of Mark Anthony Castillo seeks answers

Castillo was found dead in field in Jan 2012

mark-anthony-castillo

SAN ANTONIO - A family is still trying to find answers more than a year after their loved one was found dead in a field.

Mark Anthony Castillo, 39, was found in a field off of the 8700 block of Yellow Knife on the city's southwest side on January 19, 2012.

Joann Pena, Castillo's sister, said Saturday that they still don't understand what happened to him.

"We just want to find out what happened," said Pena." Who did this to him? It's been real difficult because his children miss him, my mom and I miss him terribly. We just want justice for him."

Castillo was very close to his two children and when no one had heard from and when he didn't show up to work, they knew something was wrong.

"It was not like him not to contact my kids," said Rebecca Rivera, the mother of Castillo's children. "He would always call my kids."

Pena said she did contact police, but after her brother had been missing for two weeks, she asked the Heidi Search Center for help.

Volunteers with the group searched the field behind his home, found his body, and contacted police.

"It was no accident," said Pena. "Somebody murdered him. They took his life."

Police had initially reported that there were no signs of foul play, but the family was later informed that there were gunshot wounds on his body.

If you have any information about what happened to Castillo, you are asked to call Crimestoppers at 224-STOP.


Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus