Scooter Store investigation timeline
- September 2012: The company lays off 220 workers. Company officials blame a 40 percent drop in Medicare reimbursements for power mobility devices in part for the reduction in force.
- Feb. 8, 2013: The company announces the elimination of 150 jobs. Layoffs blamed on "the result of recent announcements by government agencies related to fundamental changes in claims processing procedures and reductions in reimbursement amounts."
- Feb. 20, 2013: The company is raided by federal and state officials as part of what at the time was described as an ongoing investigation into possible Medicare fraud.
- March 8, 2013: Company CEO Martin Landon advises all employees via email that they had been furloughed.
- March 10, 2013: In a company-wide email, Landon denies his company is under investigation by the Department of Justice, saying "the company is not a target of this investigation and we will continue to cooperate with the government in their work." Landon also writes, "our access to capital has been declining rapidly since that time."
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.