San Antonio firefighters save woman from apartment fire

SAFD: Fire may have started after woman fell asleep with food on stove

San Antonio firefighters saved a woman from an apartment fire on the North Side that was believed to have started because the woman fell asleep with food on the stove.

Fire crews were called to the apartment complex in the 1600 block of West Lawndale around 11 p.m. Monday, and noticed heavy smoke upon arrival.

Firefighters said they had to break into the apartment through a window to help the woman out.

Fire crews quickly put out the flames, which were contained to the kitchen area of the apartment.  

The woman was treated for smoke inhalation and expected to be OK. Damage estimates were not released.

For a list of recent stories Jenna Hiller has done, click here.


Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus