NB Loop 410 shut down near Rigsby Ave. following motorc >

Fire damages east San Antonio home, sets off propane explosion

SAFD: Cause of fire likely electrical, no major injuries reported

An electrical fire damaged an east side home and caused a few propane tanks to explode early Monday morning.

San Antonio firefighters responded to the fire just before 1 a.m. in the 600 block of J Street.

Fire officials said a woman attempted to plug an electrical item into an outlet or power strip when the fire began in the wall and spread to the attic.

Flames spread to a couple of trees and propane tanks behind the home exploded.  

Paramedics treated an individual at the scene. No other injuries were reported. Damage estimates were unknown.


Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus