Spurs face Lakers in first round of NBA Playoffs
Game 1 Sunday at 2:30 pm on KSAT 12
The Spurs will face a familiar foe in the first round of the NBA playoffs.
The Lakers secured the seventh seed in the West with their overtime win against Houston Wednesday night.
The Lakers enter the playoffs winners of five straight and eight of their last nine, but will be without Kobe Bryant, who tore his Achillies tendon last week.
Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol have picked up their play in Kobe's absence. Steve Nash hasn't played since late March and will reportedly be a gametime decision.
The Spurs sputtered late in the regular season as injuries mounted and they locked up their seed in the playoffs.
Tim Duncan was solid down the stretch and had a double-double in the last meeting with the Lakers.
Manu Ginobili returned for the season finale and Tony Parker continues to work his way though several nagging injuries.
The Spurs won the regular season series 2-1. This will be the 12th time the Spurs and Lakers meet in the NBA playoffs.
All the fun gets started this Sunday afternoon. The series schedule is below.
- Game 1 — Sunday at San Antonio 2:30 pm on KSAT 12
- Game 2 — Wednesday at San Antonio 8:30 pm on TNT/FSNSW
- Game 3 — Friday at Los Angeles 9:30 pm on ESPN/FSNSW
- Game 4 — Sunday, April 28, at Los Angeles 6 pm on TNT/FSNSW
- Game 5 (if necessary) Tuesday, April 30, at San Antonio TBA
- Game 6 (if necessary) Thursday, May 2, at Los Angeles TBA
- Game 7 (if necessary) Saturday, May 4, at San Antonio TBA
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.