UPDATE 9 P.M.: 2013 elections results
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio voters headed to the polls Saturday to decide who will represent them on the city council and as mayor. Here's a rundown of the mayoral race and city council races across San Antonio as of 9 p.m. with 98 percent of precincts reporting.
- Mayor Julian Castro remains comfortably ahead with 66 percent of the vote. Rhett R. Smith was second with 13 percent of the vote.
- In District 2, Ivy Taylor leads with 62 percent. Norris Darden is second with 23 percent.
- In District 3, Rebecca Viagran leads with 51 percent of the vote. Leticia Ozuna is second with 37.
- In District 4, Rey Saldana leads with 84 percent of the vote. Joseph Savage has 15 percent of the vote.
- In Distict 5, David Medina leads with 38 percent of the vote. Shirley Gonzales is second with 31 percent.
- In District 6, Ray Lopez leads with 56 percent of the vote. Greg Brockhouse is second with 38 percent.
- In District 7, Cris Medina leads with 57 percent. Gloria Rodriguez is second with 27 percent.
- In District 8, Ron Nirenberg leads with 49 percent of the vote. Rolando Briones is second with 45 percent.
- In District 9, Elisa Chan is comfortably ahead with 78 percent. Jason F. Salinas has 21 percent.
- In District 10, Carlton Soules leads with 75 percent. Arthur M. Thomas and Celeste Montez-Tidwell each have 12 percent.
Stay with KSAT and KSAT.com for the latest on the 2013 races.
Other elections results across Bexar County are also available on KSAT.com.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.