Behind the Kitchen Door: Stunning bad scores for San Antonio meat market, taqueria
Culebra Meat Market, Taqueria Los Dos Laredos fail inspection with combined 101 demerits
SAN ANTONIO - A local meat market and taqueria received over 100 demerits combined during their recent inspection by San Antonio Metro Health.
Culebra Meat Market at 8230 Culebra Road failed their inspection with 51 demerits. Their violations included:
- A bloody knife stored with clean ones.
- Mildew and mold in their ice machine
- They were told to clean up dead insects.
Culebra Meat Market had a follow-up inspection less than 24 hours later and all major violations had been corrected, but the bits of bugs still had not been cleaned up.
Taqueria Los Dos Laredos at 1303 S. Hackberry Street failed their recent inspection with 50 demerits. This comes a year after the taqueria failed with 40 demerits. This year's violations included:
- Food at unsafe temperatures.
- No soap and paper towels, the soap dispenser was dirty as well.
- The staff was told remove grease and standing water from the floors.
The manager was not there when KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door called to ask some questions. Metro Health said an inspector was scheduled to revisit Taqueria Los Dos Laredos Tuesday.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.