Fire­fighters busy Saturday night with 2 separate fires

No one injured in either fire


A busy night for the San Antonio Fire Department, after two fires break out on different sides of town. 

The first fire happened around 11 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of New York Place.

According to fire officials, three people were home at the time of the fire and were able to get out safely. 

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental. 

The second fire happened around 1 a.m. Sunday in the 1000 block of H Street.

Firefighters say, a partially blind woman was inside the home, when she smelled smoke. 

The woman was able to make it to the back door of her home and that is when an officer helped her out of the house. 

She was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation. 

Arson is investigating the fire, but believe it may have been started by a space heater.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
blog comments powered by Disqus