San Antonio Police ID man found dead in Monte Vista home
Man identified as 77-year-old Wayne Bowden
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio police have identified a 77-year-old man who was found dead by a family member on Christmas in his Monte Vista home as Wayne Bowden.
According to police, the relative said he had not heard from Bowden in a few days, and went to his home in the 100 block of Queens Crescent to check on him.
The family member said he went inside to find Bowden in the house dead. Police and paramedics responded and said it appeared Bowden had been dead for a few days.
San Antonio police said due to the nature of the man's injuries, the case is being investigated as a possible homicide.
“There were certain injuries to the body that may or may not be related to a homicide. So just to be on the safe side, they're going to investigate it as a homicide,” said SAPD spokesman Officer Roger Zuniga. “There are still some things that we're looking at, but just the way the body was it kind of drew some (suspicion).”
The cause of death had not been determined as of Thursday evening.
Homicide detectives are searching for suspects and are looking to the public for help.
“Detectives have checked the area and talked to neighbors, but if anybody knows anything about this, they saw something, they heard something, call police,” he said.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.