Top 9 chain restaurant unhealthy meals
2014 Xtreme Eating Awards single out 'bottomless', 'monster' items
SAN ANTONIO - If words like "big," "monster" or "bottomless" don't scare you out of skipping some items off the menu at restaurants, the nutrition information might.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest named its Xtreme Eating Awards winners for 2014. Some tallied more than 3,000 calories.
The Cheesecake Factory earned three of nine spots.
Here are the "winners":
- The Cheesecake Factory's Bruléed French Toast. This has 2,780 calories, 93 grams of saturated fat, 2,230 milligrams of sodium, and 24 teaspoons of sugar. CSPI says that's nearly the equivalent of eating 14 slices of Aunt Jemima frozen Homestyle French Toast stuffed with 2 1/2 tubs of Kraft Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese Spread.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers' Monster A.1. Peppercorn with Bottomless Steak Fries and Monster Salted Caramel Milkshake. This has a total of 3,540 calories, 69 grams of saturated fat and 6,280 milligrams of sodiium. CSPI says that's the equivalent of eating seven McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers with a quart of Coke.
- Famous Dave’s “The Big Slab” of St. Louis-Style Spareribs. This plate of 1 1/2 pounds of ribs comes with sides and a corn bread muffin. Choose french fries and baked beans and the meal comes in at 2,770 calories, 54 grams of saturated fat, 4,320 milligrams of sodium and 14 teaspoons of sugar.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse's Signature Deep Dish Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza. This 9-inch pizza (a small) has 2,160 calories, 30 grams of saturated fat and 4,680 milligrams of sodium. That's the equivalent of three Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pepperoni Pizzas.
- Chevys Fresh MexSuper Cinco Combo. This dish has 1,920 calories, 36 grams of saturated fat and 3,950 milligrams of sodium. That's the equivalent of 11 Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos.
- The Cheesecake Factory's Farfalle with Chicken and Roasted Garlic. This dish has 2,410 calories, 63 grams of saturated fat and 1,370 milligrams of sodium. This is the equivalent of five single-serve packages of Stouffer's frozen Classics Chicken Fettucini Alfredo - each topped with a pat of butter.
- Joe’s Crab Shack's The Big “Hook” Up. This feast has 3,280 calories, 50 grams of saturated fat and 7,610 milligrams of sodium. It's the eqiuvalent of two of Red Lobster's Admiral Feasts.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy's Prime New York Steak Contadina style. This meal has 2,420 calories, 66 grams of saturated fat and 5,620 milligrams of sodium. It's the equivalent of eating five McDonald's Quarter ounder beef patties.
- The Cheesecake Factory's Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake. This has 1,500 calories, 43 grams of saturated fat and 21 teaspoons of sugar. This is the equivalent of a four-serving Sara Lee frozen Classic Original Cream Cheesecake topped with a cup of Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.