SA Metro Health to hold immunization event Saturday
Event will be held at the Frank Garrett Center on NW 18th Street
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio Metro Health will hold a back-to-school immunization event this Saturday.
The event will be held at the Frank Garrett Center located at 1226 NW 18th Street from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Aug. 9.
Individuals in need of their immunization record can obtain them at the following library locations with proof of relationship for minors:
- Las Palmas Library, 515 Castroville Rd.
- Great Northwest Branch Library, 9050 Wellwood St.
- Thousand Oaks Branch Library, 4618 Thousand Oaks, Dr.
- Mission Branch Library, 3134 Roosevelt Ave.
- Vital Records, 719 S. Santa Rosa St., 7:45 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday (extended hours: Mon. & Thurs. until 6 p.m.)
- Immunization Administrative Offices, 332 W. Commerce, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday
Metro Health encourages families of students needing immunizations for back-to-school to see their primary care physician for an annual well-child checkup when they receive their vaccinations. Below are some tips to follow during your appointment:
- Take your most recent immunization record
- Have proof of Medicaid or CHIP enrollment, cash or insurance information
- Bring a letter from the school nurse if you received one
- Tell the physician or medical clinic about all medical conditions affecting your child
- Inform the physician or medical clinic of any reaction your child has experienced to medications, food or any vaccine
- Ask about the HPV vaccine, which is recommended for adolescents
- Ask about the Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines for college-bound students
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.