DWTS All-Stars: And the semi-finalists are...
Two couples sent home in 8th week of competition
It’s a double elimination! Which five couples get to dance in the semi-finals? Well, you’ll have to wait. The show started with a performance of “The Locomotion” from Kylie Minogue. Then, a look at the leaderboard for the last two weeks:
- Melissa & Tony – 99 points
- Shawn & Derek – 93.5 points
- Kelly & Val – 92.5 points
- Emmitt & Cheryl – 92.5 points
- Gilles & Peta – 92 points
- Apolo & Karina – 91.5 points
- Kirstie & Maks – 79 points
The first two couples take the stage to learn their fates. They still have to stand there through the first commercial break. Melissa & Tony and Shawn & Derek are safe.
The cast of “Newsies” performed “Seize The Day.”
Ne-Yo performed “Let Me Love You Until You Learn To Love Yourself.”
The next two couples learn their fates. Like the first couples, these two must wait through a commercial break. Kelly & Val are safe. Kirstie & Maks are going home. WHAAAAT??? I thought she’d make it one more week!
It’s a time filler! This one is about the pros talking about the pressure of the show.
Next, the couples choose a dance and theme for their competitors. And this is like the kind of dance I’d dream on too much cold medicine!
- Kelly & Val chose “Caveman” Hustle for Melissa & Tony
- Emmitt & Cheryl chose “Knight Rider” Banghra for Shawn & Derek
- Apolo & Karina chose “Mad Monk” Merengue for Gilles & Peta
- Gilles & Peta chose “Big Top” Jazz for Apolo & Karina
- Shawn & Derek chose “Espionage” Lindy Hop for Emmitt & Cheryl
- Kelly & Vall were stuck with “Surfer” Flamenco
Next week, Paula Abdul has a hand in the Macy’s Stars of Dance. One more performance on this elimination show: Anna, Val and the principal dancers from the New York City Ballet worked their magic on the dance floor.
The remaining couples prepare to learn their fates. Not to make them feel more special than the other four couples, these three must also wait through one final commercial break. Emmitt & Cheryl and Apolo & Karina are safe. Gilles & Peta are going home. I. AM. SHOCKED. I thought Gilles might win it all!
I can’t wait to see the semi-finals (and that crazy themed new dance shebang) next week! At this point, I feel safe saying it’s Melissa’s mirrorball trophy to lose!
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.