DWTS All-Stars: Double elimination
Competition cut down to top nine couples
After an hour-long recap show, it appears Tuesday’s official show is getting down to business. Two all-star couples will go home. The remaining couples will choose the dances for their competition.
First, here’s a look at the leaderboard:
- Melissa & Tony: 27 points
- Kelly & Val: 27 points
- Shawn & Derek: 26.5 points
- Sabrina & Louis: 25.5 points
- Helio & Chelsie: 25.5 points
- Apolo & Karina: 25.5 points
- Gilles & Peta: 25.5 points
- Emmitt & Cheryl: 25 points
- Drew & Anna: 24 points
- Kirstie & Maks: 24 points
- Bristol & Mark: 22.5 points
The judges wanted an encore of Shawn & Derek’s quick step.
The first four couples learn their fates: Melissa & Tony, Gilles & Peta and Emmitt & Cheryl are safe. Kirstie & Maks (and his tight pants) are in jeopardy.
Frankie Moreno performed a medley of songs as Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer danced. If you haven’t seen Frankie perform, this guy does incredible things with the piano! You should check him out!
The next four couples take the stage to learn their fates. Shawn & Derek, Apolo & Karina and Kelly & Val are safe. Drew & Anna are in jeopardy.
After the break, it’s another dramatic elimination round – this time of the couples who are already in jeopardy. OOOH! ABC is shaking things up! Kirstie & Maks are safe. Drew & Anna are going home. Wow! That’s the season two champ!
It’s the first taped time filler! The judges and contestants talked about the new challenge: all-stars choose their competitor’s dance for next week. I was glad Tom noticed this because sometimes I think I’m the only one: Mark’s British accent pops in and out of the show. Tom said that’s how you know Mark is nervous. That is TOTALLY not how I respond to a case of the nerves!
It’s time to reveal the dance styles:
- Hip Hop
- Rock & Roll
Some of the dances have not been performed on the show before. The idea is the all-stars will give a competitor the dance they don’t want.
- Bristol & Mark chose Bollywood for Gilles & Peta
- Kirstie & Maks chose disco for Sabrina & Louis
- Helio & Chelsie chose mambo for Shawn & Derek
- Kelly & Val chose bolero for Emmitt & Cheryl
- Melissa & Tony chose hip hop for Apolo & Karina
- Apolo & Karina chose jitterbug for Melissa & Tony
- Emmitt & Cheryl chose contemporary for Kelly & Val
- Shawn & Derek chose Broadway for Helio & Chelsie
- Sabrina & Louis chose Charleston for Kirstie & Maks
- Bristol & Mark will dance rock & roll
Don’t forget: Paula Abdul will be the guest judge!
It’s time for the Macy’s Stars of Dance! Josh Johnson performed a pretty awesome tap routine. He usually dances in the New York City subways for cash to pay for college expenses. You can learn more about him here.
Karmin performed a medley of their hits.
It’s time for the final three couples to learn their fates. They have to wait through one more commercial break! Bristol & Mark and Sabrina & Louis are safe. Helio & Chelsie are going home. That’s the season five champ!
Ugh. As much as I wanted a season with former contestants on the show, I hate seeing these really good dancers go home each week! The only thing making me happy with this all-star season: it’s filled with good dancing!
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.