DWTS Season 14: Double elimination
Four couples left to compete in semi-finals
There is only room for four couples in the semi-finals. With six couples left, two will be sent home this week. But that doesn’t happen at the beginning of the show. Settle in I sum up this hour-long recap show in a few paragraphs.
First up: a look at the leaderboard.
- William & Cheryl – 57 points
- Roshon & Chelsie – 56 points
- Donald & Peta – 55 points
- Katherine & Mark – 55 points
- Maria & Derek – 53 points
- Melissa & Maks – 51 points
The judges wanted an encore performance of Donald, Peta & Karina’s jive. I wonder if those audience shots were all live. There were some people who weren’t exactly smiling and barely clapping. Not the proper reaction for that dance!
The first couples to learn their fates take the stage. Donald & Peta are safe. Katherine & Mark are in jeopardy. WHAT?!?
It’s the first time filler! Kenny Mayne, Jerry Rice and Len are assembled for “Dance Center.” Some of their observations:
- Katherine: Len said she’s a fantastic dancer. Kenny said Katherine is obsessed with her naughty bits, then they played a series of clips of her saying naughty bits and showed her shaking her upper naughty bits.
- Roshon: Len said Roshon goes for it 100%. Kenny said Roshon looks like a young Barack Obama except Barack Obama has a decent chance of winning this year.
- William: Len said William can dance. Kenny said William tamed Cheryl, then showed clips of Cheryl being tough on her past partners and swooning with William. They also showed a clip of topless Len. MY EYES! I CAN’T UNSEE THAT!
Chris Brown performed “Turn up the Music.”
The next two couples learn their fates. Roshon & Chelsie were sent home. William & Cheryl are in the semi-finals!
It’s more “Dance Center.” More observations:
- Maria: Len said Maria can work her hips. Obligatory clips of Maria’s crazy giggle. Kenny showed Maria’s new product line: smoke detector, car alarm, pest control device to keep stray wildlife off your lawn. Len said he needs one to keep Bruno off his lawn.
- Melissa: Len said she’s the comeback kid. They showed an x-ray of her broken back. Kenny said there’s a longhorn steer there, probably left behind from her “Prairie” days.
- Donald: Len said he’s a fan of Donald’s presence on the dance floor. Kenny pointed out all the costumes (or lack of material on them) that Peta wore. Many clips of Donald falling down.
Next up: a fun tribute to the late Dick Clark with some of the original dancers from “American Bandstand.”
Another performance, this time Dmitry & Anya perform a number from the Las Vegas DWTS show.
Back to the eliminations. Maria & Derek are safe. Melissa & Maks are in jeopardy.
After one more commercial break, it’s time to find out the second couple going home and the fourth couple headed to the semi-finals. Melissa & Maks are going home – ON HER BIRTHDAY! Katherine & Mark are in the semi-finals!
Next week, the remaining four couples will take on two dances in a fight for the finals. These four are some of the most solid dancers the show has had at the end of a season. I can’t wait to see them dance!
If you want to watch the show online, click here.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.