Bj's Taqueria on Somerset Road failed their latest health inspection with 42 demerits.
The inspector found:
- Ham and raw eggs not cold enough.
- Cooked beef not hot enough.
- Improper hand washing by wait staff.
- None of their coolers had thermometers.
- Their inspection report was hidden from view by papers and menus.
- Most of the violations were corrected on-the-spot.
Las Palapas at Interstate 10 and Callaghan recently failed inspection with 33 demerits.
Metro Health reports finding:
- A variety of meats, cheeses and sauces that were not at the proper temperature.
- Employees performing cleaning tasks then food preparation without hand washing.
- No sanitizer was found in their dish washing machine.
The manager said lots of little things added up this time. KSAT-12's Behind the Kitchen Door asked why they ran into trouble on such minor issues and the manager said "It was just one of those days."
The following businesses just received no demerits on their health inspections.
La Puntada Cafe on Pleasanton Road, La Tapatia Bakery on South Zarzamora, Pei Wei Asian Diner on Loop 1604, Pizza Hut on Jones Maltsberger and Stinson Airfield Patio Cafe.