There's a day for everything. Today, it's National Tequila Day.
You could celebrate by dancing to the "Tequila" song (like Pee Wee Herman).
Or you could wait until Happy Hour and sip tequila in any form (with a designated driver along to make sure you get home safely).
You might even make note of these facts about the three expressions of tequila courtesy of Tequila Herradura to impress your friends.
- SILVER: A pure, smooth tequila, aged for 45 days to give a touch of color and oak to its bold, citric character, which adds more agave flavor and an unparalleled pleasure to margaritas.
- REPOSADO: Introduced to the world by Gabriela Romo de la Peña in 1974. Our reposado expression is aged for 11 months (9 additional months than the reposado category norm), which gives this tequila a deep copper color and an exceptionally smooth flavor.
- ANEJO: Kept in barrels for two years (twice as long as suggested by traditional añejo guidelines), which gives it a deep amber color and a complex flavor of cooked agave y dried fruit.
If you don't want to have the traditional margarita, Tequila Herradrua passed along these recipes:
Herradura Mango Scotch Bonnet Margarita
(Makes one glass)
· 2oz Herradura Silver
· ¾ oz lime juice
· 3 slices of scotch bonnet pepper
· 3 cubic inches of mango diced
· ½ oz mango jam
1. Crush mango and chili slices in the base of a shaker with a muddler.
2. Add cubed ice and remaining ingredients, shake hard and strain over ice in an old fashioned glass.
3. Garnish with a scotch bonnet chili and a roll of dried mango.
Herradura Kiwi Cooler
(Makes one tall glass)
• 2oz Herradura Silver
• ½ oz lime Juice
• ½ oz Agave Nectar