· Annual cleanings: Dryer vents should be cleaned at least once a year to reduce the risk of fires, gas leaks, and operate efficiently.
· Do not restrict airflow: The transition vent between the dryer and the wall goes INSIDE the pipe leading to the wall. Also, the length for the transition vent should be as short as possible.
Angie’s List Tips: Tips to decrease debris
· Limit the use of dryer sheets used when drying clothing. Instead of dryer sheets for liquid fabric softener.
· Only operate clothing dryers for intervals of 30 to 40 minutes per batch of laundry. This allows more air circulation within the dryer and less lint build up from occurring.
· When possible hang clothing such as heavy bedding, pillows and other large articles outside to line dry.