Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Roasted Grapes
Prep Time Minutes: 30 Cook Time Minutes: 40
- 1/2 cup(s) Nutiva Red Palm and Coconut Oil Shortening
- 1 cup(s) Brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out, pods discarded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) Pastry or cake flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grapes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer cream the shortening, sugar, vanilla beans and eggs together until creamy. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together mix to combine.
- With the mixer running on low speed add 1/2 cup of the flour mixture and a 1/4 cup of the sour cream mixture, alternating each time until all the dry ingredients and sour cream are incorporated.
- Turn the mixer up to medium high speed and mix everything together until the batter is smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased 9"x13" baking dish and smooth the batter out evenly. Using the spatula gently pat the top of the batter pulling up to leave little peaks. **The texture created by the spatula will help the grapes to stick.
- Top evenly with the grapes, bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center of the cake pulls out clean.
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.