San Antonio residents are invited to get a head start on their spring cleaning by participating in the city’s free Landfill Disposal Day on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Residents can get rid of unwanted items except for contractor, commercial, industrial or hazardous waste.
Participants must show a CPS Energy utility bill along with a picture ID as verification that they are City of San Antonio solid waste customers in order to enter the landfills and other participating locations.
Residents are encouraged to remember the three R’s (reduce, reuse and recycle) before attending the event by separating out all items that can be reused.
Loads in trucks and trailers should be secured and covered to prevent contents from blowing out onto roadways and creating traffic hazards.
The following landfills will take part in the event:
- Allied Waste Services Tessman Landfill, 7000 IH-10 East
- WM-Covel Gardens Landfill, 8611 Covel Road
- TDS Starcrest Transfer Station, 11601 Starcrest Road (bulky items only)
- Southside Drop-off Center, Highway 90 and Callaghan (bulky items only)
The following locations will only accept brush material:
- Bitters Brush Recycling Center, 1800 Bitters Road
- Nelson Gardens Brush Recycling Center, 8963 Nelson Road