Two days after explosives killed three people and wounded more than 180 during the Boston Marathon, details continue to trickle in as investigators sort through evidence.
-- Two men seen in images near the finish line of Monday's Boston Marathon, moments before two bombs there exploded, are of "high interest" and are considered "possible suspects," a law enforcement official said. A circular sent out Wednesday by authorities indicated the attached photos, showing the two men, were being sent around "in an attempt to identify the individuals." The official said the men were of interest because of where they were at a particular time and what they were carrying. One of the men is seen carrying a black backpack. The source said that authorities had not yet identified the two men by name and that the photographs were not being released to the public for fear of impeding the investigation.
-- As of Wednesday evening, Boston-area hospitals had released at least 112 of the 178 people treated for injuries sustained in Monday's attack near the Boston Marathon's finish line, according to a CNN tally. Thirteen of those still hospitalized remain in critical condition, hospital officials said.
-- Significant progress has been made in the investigation but there has been no arrest, the FBI told CNN.
-- After sources told CNN that an arrest had been made, sources with the Department of Justice and Boston Police Department each said that no arrest had been made.
-- A source with Boston law enforcement said, "We got him," but would not clarify whether that meant an identification had been made or an arrest carried out.
-- Some federal sources said that it would be going too far to say even that an identification had been made, but several sources in Boston disputed that, saying a clear identification had been made.
-- Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King. The possible breakthrough came from an analysis of video from a Lord and Taylor department store near the site of the second blast, and video from a Boston TV station helped as well, the official said.
-- Obama received updates overnight about the investigation, a White House official said.
-- White House officials have been briefed by senior members of the federal response and law enforcement team over the past two days.
-- Authorities are processing "the most complex crime scene that we have dealt with in the history of our department," said Ed Davis, the Boston police commissioner.
-- Forensic specialists and dogs trained to detect explosive devices and their residue were at the scene of the blasts. A command post has been created, with 1,000 officers conducting interviews and gathering details.
-- Authorities have received 2,000 tips from around the world, said Richard DesLauriers, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Boston office. "Someone knows who did this," he said.
The blasts left three people dead.
-- Martin Richard, an 8-year-old boy with a gap-tooth grin and bright eyes. He loved to run and play in his yard.
-- Krystle Campbell, a 29-year-old freckle-faced woman described by her mother as having "a heart of gold."
-- Lingzi Lu, a Boston University graduate student in mathematics and statistics.
She and two friends were watching the race near the finish line when the blasts erupted, BU Today reported. The second student was in stable condition at Boston Medical Center; the third student was not hurt, it said.
The explosions wounded 183 people.