Goodwill and health care partners will team up to offer affordable mammograms and health and vision screenings on Wednesday, Aug. 8.
The event will be held at the Goodwill location on Blanco Road at Loop 410.
Health screenings will be offered from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. They will include blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index, and glucose screenings provided by University Health System.
Prevent Blindness Texas will offer vision screenings at the same time. All services are offered at no cost on a first-come, first-served basis.
Mammograms will be available by appointment only from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. through CHRISTUS Santa Rosa's mobile mammography unit.
The screening offers a softer, warmer mammogram with the use of MammoPads. Medicaid and most private insurance will be accepted for mammograms.
Financial assistance may be available for those who are uninsured and meet other criteria.
The following requirements apply:
· Participants must be 40 years of age or older.
· Participants must not have had a mammogram within the past 365 days and have no symptoms (such as lumps or skin changes), no previous breast cancer or mastectomy, implants or pacemakers, and must not be breastfeeding.
· Wear a two-piece outfit and no deodorant, perfume, or lotion.
· Bring a picture ID and insurance card (if applicable), along with a doctor’s order for a mammogram.
· Bring films of your most recent mammogram if applicable.
To schedule a mammogram appointment or for more information, including assistance with getting a doctor’s order, call CHRISTUS Santa Rosa at 210-704-4100 or 210-704-4221.