Apartments heavily damaged in late night fire
Woman and children make it out safely
Frightening moments Saturday night after a woman wakes up to the smell of smoke filling her apartment.
It happened a little after 10:30 p.m. at the Ivy Apartments in the 4500 block of Lavender Lane.
Fire crews worked for about 30 minutes to put out the flames.
Another apartment was also damaged by the blaze.
The woman and her two children were able to make it out the apartment safely.
The damage is estimated around $70,000.
It is unknown what sparked that fire.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.