CIBOLO, Texas -

A Cibolo barbecue restaurant is officially back in business after a fire, sparked by an electrical problem, destroyed it last year.

The fire happened in November 2011 and Harmon's Barbecue owner Ronnie Ruiz said it's been a long time coming.

And while the newly remodeled Harmon's Barbecue features a new building, kitchen and dining hall, Ruiz said it's still the same great barbecue.

"It's shaped a little different, but the line is going to work the same," said Ruiz. "We're going to get you in and get you out and you are going to get the best barbecue that possible you can get in Texas."

It was just 10 months ago when a fire ripped through the restaurant, taking out the kitchen and the main dining room.

However, Ronnie and co-owner Ray Harmon said they didn't give up.

So even without the restaurant, they continued to serve barbecue from a small room on the side of the building that wasn't completely ripped up by the fire.

"We never stopped," said Ruiz. "We never stopped cooking. The people never let us stop cooking. So we're just one big family out here."

Harmon's opened on Friday and residents have been coming in to enjoy the barbecue, but also to show their support.

"I think it's amazing," said Monique Culver, a customer. "Even with something that bad to happen, they still opened up a little space over there and still sold food because it's important to the community and for them to open this place with its amazing renovations, it's a great thing for Cibolo.

The official grand opening takes place on Saturday and Sunday. Harmon's opens up at 11 a.m. both days and will have live bands from 8 p.m. to midnight on Saturday and from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.