An electrical short from a shredder may be to blame for sparking a fire at a tax and car sales business.
The fire was reported around 10 p.m. on Sunday in the 1100 block of Gillette on the city's South side.
Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames.
The building sustained about $10,000 worth of damage, but no one was injured.
Rainy Ave. house fire
A separate fire broke out just before midnight at a home on Rainy Avenue on the Northwest side.
Fire officials say the fire started in a bedroom and was quickly contained.
The homeowner was able to get out and was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
This fire is also believed to have been caused by an electrical short.
No other injuries were reported.