Explosion, flash fire burn southside man
Firefighters say apparent gas leak causes explosion, damages house
A flash fire and explosion injured a southside man and damaged a house Saturday morning.
Firefighters said it appears a leaky space heater is to blame.
The fire and blast happened at 11:30 Saturday in the 800 block of McCauley.
Firefighters found the burn victim inside the shower, trying to ease the pain of a flash burn.
Investigators said the man told them he had lit a cigarette before the explosion.
Gas from a space heater apparently caused the fire and blast, investigators said.
The explosion blew a wall partially out, which a neighbor had to pull to get into the house to help the burned man.
EMS transported the victim to the hospital.
The extent of his burns is not yet known.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.