SAN ANTONIO -

A flash fire and explosion injured a southside man and damaged a house Saturday morning.

Firefighters said it appears a leaky space heater is to blame.

The fire and blast happened at 11:30 Saturday in the 800 block of McCauley.

Firefighters found the burn victim inside the shower, trying to ease the pain of a flash burn.

Investigators said the man told them he had lit a cigarette before the explosion.

Gas from a space heater apparently caused the fire and blast, investigators said.

The explosion blew a wall partially out, which a neighbor had to pull to get into the house to help the burned man.

EMS transported the victim to the hospital.

The extent of his burns is not yet known.