Fire damages east San Antonio home, sets off propane explosion

SAFD: Cause of fire likely electrical, no major injuries reported

Published On: Apr 08 2013 06:36:01 AM CDT   Updated On: Apr 08 2013 06:50:26 AM CDT
J street fire
SAN ANTONIO -

An electrical fire damaged an east side home and caused a few propane tanks to explode early Monday morning.

San Antonio firefighters responded to the fire just before 1 a.m. in the 600 block of J Street.

Fire officials said a woman attempted to plug an electrical item into an outlet or power strip when the fire began in the wall and spread to the attic.

Flames spread to a couple of trees and propane tanks behind the home exploded.  

Paramedics treated an individual at the scene. No other injuries were reported. Damage estimates were unknown.