Fire damages home on Mountain Field Drive

Propane tank explodes inside garage, no injuries reported

Published On: Feb 13 2013 08:53:16 AM CST   Updated On: Feb 13 2013 12:00:00 AM CST
Mountain Field house fire

Fire damaged a home on the city's Northwest Side on Wednesday morning.
When firefighters arrived, they found a home in the 9300 block of Mountain Field Drive engulfed in flames.
Fire officials said a propane tank inside the garage exploded, but it wasn't immediately known if that was the cause of the blaze.
It took firefighters about 35 minutes to put out the fire.
No one was home at the time.