The man who owned the home in the 300 block of Pinewood Lane didn't want to say much, but he remembered how long the home has been a part of his life.
He said he and his wife lived there for 23 years. But his wife, who grew up in the home, lived there since she was 2-years-old.
Friday night, they were out to dinner when a neighbor called to say their home was on fire. The flames quickly jumped to the house next door. Neighbor Sei Kengi says he was in his backyard when everything started.
“I just heard a couple of loud noises, like a car crash," he said. "And when I got out, I just saw a big fire coming out of one of the houses.”
He feared more homes would become involved with a fire that had already grown to a two alarm event.
“The firemen were there quick but still, the fire kept spreading," Kengi said.
Assistant Chief Robert Mikel says a few animals were missing and one was believed to have died in the fire. The unusual situation in this case, Mikel said, was fighting one fire while having additional firefighters arrive on scene to handle the second one.
“It’s very likely that it started with a vehicle in the garage or the carport, and then that spread to the house and then that spread to the house next door,” he said.
At least three firefighters became overheated and had to be treated at the scene.
The husband said with family in the area, they will have a place to stay