Francine Bevans accused of kidnapping 1-year-old boy

California woman claims Francine Bevans refused to return her son

Author: Katrina Webber, Reporter, kwebber@ksat.com
Published On: Oct 09 2012 08:46:17 AM CDT
Handcuffs, Police Lights Graphic
SAN ANTONIO -

A California woman’s claims have led to kidnapping charges for Northeast Bexar County resident Francine Bevans, 37. The woman said Bevans refused to return her 1-year-old son.

An arrest warrant affidavit stated that the woman told Bexar County sheriff’s investigators that she allowed her 1-year-old son to travel with another relative from California to San Antonio last month to visit Bevans for about nine days.

However, the woman told detectives the relative returned to California without the child.

She said when she asked Bevans when she would be returning him, she told her it would be soon, the affidavit stated.

The woman said she later decided to travel to San Antonio herself and was given two different address by Bevans which turned out to be false, the affidavit stated.

Eventually, she called sheriff’s investigators who tracked down Bevans and arrested her Monday on a charge of kidnapping.

Records show Bevans was released from jail after posting a $15,000 bond. The affidavit does not mention whether investigators recovered the child.

For a list of recent stories Katrina Webber has done, click here.