House fire leaves family homeless
Electrical fire blamed at home on Ceremonial Ridge
A house fire leaves a family homeless in far north Bexar County.
The fire sparked around 8 p.m. on Tuesday at a home in the 200 block of Ceremonial Ridge, a couple miles west of Highway 281.
Residents reported hearing a popping sound coming from the attic and smelling something burning.
Firefighters were able to make the scene very quickly and got the fire put out.
Fire investigators said although nothing has been confirmed yet, initial signs point to an electrical short as causing the fire.
The Red Cross was on hand assisting the family find a warm place to stay.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.