Jack-in-the-box closed after car catches fire in drive-through

Fire department says flames from car caught part of building on fire

Published On: Apr 06 2013 10:16:49 AM CDT   Updated On: Apr 06 2013 10:18:49 AM CDT
040613jackintheboxfirepic
SAN ANTONIO -

A car fire in the drive-through forced a northeast side Jack-in-the-Box to shut down Friday night.

Firefighters say a man was in the drive-through in the 5300 block of Walzem just before 10 p.m. when his car caught fire.

They say the fire then spread to the overhang and then the restaurant.

Everyone was able to get out of the restaurant and car okay.

The restaurant did have to throw away all the food, though, because of smoke damage.