Jacob Zimmerle arrested with making bomb threat at San Antonio International Airport
SAPD: Zimmerle phoned in bomb threat Wednesday
Jacob Zimmerle, 26, has been charged in connection with a bomb threat made this week at San Antonio International Airport.
Zimmerle, so far, is accused of phoning in only one threat this week. An arrest warrant affidavit does not indicate that he might be linked to any of the bomb threats earlier this month that led to the airport being shut down for two hours.
The affidavit stated that police believe Zimmerle used a cell phone Wednesday morning to call 911 and that he told a dispatcher there was a bomb onboard an airplane at the airport.
Agents with the Transportation Security Administration, airport police and others then searched the airport terminals, buildings and planes, the affidavit said.
Detectives with SAPD's Intelligence Unit retrieved a number for the phone used to make the threats from the caller ID at the emergency dispatch center, the affidavit stated.
Police said they tracked down the cell phone owner, who told them Zimmerle had possession of the phone and had a history of making prank calls to 911.
Detectives learned that Zimmerle had been taken into custody by VIA police officers soon after the threat was made, the affidavit stated. Those officers reported that he was found on a bus, screaming that he could see dead people from the World Trade Center. Zimmerle apparently was released after being treated at a hospital.
Police arrested Zimmerle Thursday on a charge of making a terroristic threat.
For a list of recent stories Katrina Webber has done, click here.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.