Pinn Road Meat Market and Culebra Meat Market combined for nearly 100 demerits for everything from expired baby food to pork carnitas found at an unsafe temperature.
Pinn Road Meat Market at 2407 Pinn Road failed their recent health inspection with 55 demerits. Their violations included:
- Food over 51 degrees in the cooler was condemned.
- They were selling expired baby food.
- The market was told to clean up dead flies and rodent droppings.
Metro Health tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door they went back to check things out on Jan. 4 and shut the place down. All corrections were made and the inspector re-instated their license. They are open for business.
Culebra Meat Market at 6403 Walzem Road failed their latest inspection with 49 demerits. Their violations included:
- An employee was spotted chewing during food prep.
- There were hand washing issues.
- Some pork carnitas was found at an unsafe temperature.
- The staff was told to clean walls, floors and the meat cases.
An employee tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door they've taken care of all the problems but haven't had a follow-up inspection. They said it was supposed to happen last Thursday and they are still waiting.
The following restaurants recently received perfect scores from Metro Health:
- Chick-fil-A at Rolling Oaks Mall.
- McDonald's on Rittiman Road.
- Ramona's Cafe on NW 24th Street.
- Taqueria La Tapatia on Fair Avenue.